Page 1 of 3
So who here actually likes technical death metal?

Please speak here about your favorite musicians/bands/songs/albums whatever.

As long as its technical death metal

This is a place for technical death metal fans to share ideas and thoughts, so please do not flame us. Fans, do not abuse others, because then I could get into trouble

I have opened the gates...
There probably is already a tech.death thread here somewhere, but anyways, it's my favorite subgenre of metal. Spawn of Possession=kiiiillah
Ugh. I guess we all have our stupid threads.

1. Search bar.

2. Technical Death Metal is way too specific/limited of a genre to need a thread for. Find the band's thread and post there.

3. Bring this to Progressive Death Metal.

4. Stop making threads.
Quote by xChristgrindeRx

1. Search bar.

2. Technical Death Metal is way too specific/limited of a genre to need a thread for. Find the band's thread and post there.

4. Stop making threads.

tech.death's a pretty huge genre :S

Anyways, found the thread: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=920076&highlight=technical
Quote by xChristgrindeRx

1. Search bar.

4. Stop making threads.

Progressive Death Metal, and Technical Death Metal are two different things.
Quote by BringMeTheCalm
Last night I had a dream that I bought The Mantle on vinyl for $9.99 and it came with a DVD and shirt...

Then I woke up and life sucked.
I use numbered lists all the time to state out points with clarity, since half of these elitist morons are too lazy to read a wall of text, and it's more commanding.

And Tech Death Metal is a bit of a shoot-off of Progressive Death Metal. They're not the same exactly, but a lot of Tech Death contains many progressive elements, and I don't just mean Necrophagist. I mean, they're obviously different, but let's not get any more useless threads we need locked next to the OP's "Favorite Death Metal Band!" thread.
I absolutely love Origin and Anata. And, of course, there's Demilich, who are IMO the undisputed kings of the tech death genre (the only band that competes with them for that title is Atheist).
Quote by Metal_Head1
only technical DM band I'm a big fan of is Suffocation (but who isn't?)

/me raises hand

Sup dude. How's it going?
Last edited by Ramseus at Mar 5, 2009,
I still can't get into Demilich. Mind its been about 6 months since my last listen, so maybe I should give them another try.

Lately I've been digging Capharnaum. The album Fractures is praiseworthy in my opinion, and they deliver some really tasteful soloing which can be quite rare in tech death. Listen to the solo in Ingrained and you'll see what I mean.
The Faceless are win.

Though they're the only Tech Death. band i know, I've never tried listening to anything else.
Quote by xChristgrindeRx
And Tech Death Metal is a bit of a shoot-off of Progressive Death Metal. They're not the same exactly, but a lot of Tech Death contains many progressive elements, and I don't just mean Necrophagist. I mean, they're obviously different, but let's not get any more useless threads we need locked next to the OP's "Favorite Death Metal Band!" thread.

No, just no.
Quote by xChristgrindeRx
I use numbered lists all the time to state out points with clarity, since half of these elitist morons are too lazy to read a wall of text, and it's more commanding.

We don't read your drivel because its pointless flatulence.

It's not they were are elitist, it's that you are a complete and utter moron. You pop off at the mouth as if you know something... but its clear you disguise your lack of knowledge in a whole lot of hot air.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Quote by Ecliptica24
arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrsissssssssssss

thhhhhhhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiisssssssssss
Quote by severed-metal
Come to think of it, my penis should've listened to more death metal.

Quote by Morphogenesis26
So my question is. Can Pre-Cum fluid pass through my underwear, my jeans, onto and through her jeans, through her underwear, and impregnate her?
Love it. Brain Drill, Necrophagist, Beneath The Massacre etc.
Ftw
.ǝɹoɟǝq sıɥʇ uǝǝs ǝʌ,noʎ ǝɹns ʎʇʇǝɹd ɯ,ı

Voice of the Soul Cover, 5 Stars

Quote by Macabre_Turtle
Your sig just made my eyes flip part of your post upside down. Jesus.

Quote by DewdPerson
This man speaks truth.
Quote by technical death
flatulence means fart teehee :

It sure does.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
I like it. I go through stages of tech death binges, and then I won't listen to it for a while. Decrepit Birth are my favourite tech death band.
'Thine Eyes Bleed':

Quote by CSguitarvocal
More like... Thine Butthole Bleeds... from all the gay sex you have!!! Ahahaha!

Quote by Butt Rayge
Fuck off already, you fucking faggot fuck.

amidoinitrite?

Quote by DeAd-RiP
I don't care for slipknot unless I'm so drunk I don't care about anything.
Sure, Gorguts, Cryptopsy, Suffocation, Monstrosity etc. are all great..

it's just the Brain Drill type tech death I can't stand.. I mean their song making process must be this:

Guitar guy: *plays a riff* Can this be a new song?

Other guys: Sure just put 3 minutes of sweeping and tapping around it!

TA DA NEW SONG, + they removed the original riff
I have come to generally loathe most tech death, but all the Quebec bands, esp. Martyr and Gorguts are awesome. Quo Vadis and early Cryptopsy if you count them as tech. death as well.

As well, Atheist and Suffocation.

I probably missed a few, but like destroy_techno, I find myself straying away from bands that sound like Brain Drill.

I used to adore Necrophagist, but now the music has lost all of its charm for me. The only thing left from my obsession with them is that I still practice Stabwound and Fermented Offal Discharge.
I've found Jesus
Brain Drill type bands kind of seem to me as rooting from grindcore, and adding more advanced stuff. Kind of like hardcore musicians that happen to have Batio fingers, you know what I mean?
we don't need more genres......
Quote by severed-metal

Quote by Morphogenesis26
So my question is. Can Pre-Cum fluid pass through my underwear, my jeans, onto and through her jeans, through her underwear, and impregnate her?
i was hoping so, I've seen to many invented.
Quote by severed-metal

Quote by Morphogenesis26
16, but i swear every time i hear a new band i get something like "no it's not *blank* it's *insert something ridiculous (like vegetarian progressive grindcore)*."
Quote by severed-metal

Quote by Morphogenesis26
Last edited by CG Man16 at Mar 5, 2009,
my favorite would have to be

decrepit birth

the faceless( planetary duality only )

arsis, are they tech death though?

and I like necrophagist.. some people tell me that they overdue their riffs, but I think they put there songs together well.
Quote by piratemetalhead
Most of that stuff is just for fun and novelty, you know that right?

most of it yes, but there's flame wars about genres on a lot of pages.
Edit: not ug, sites like youtube.
Quote by severed-metal

Quote by Morphogenesis26
Page 1 of 3