So have any of you guys put any duct tape or random stuff on your guitars? I am talking about adding it just for the hell of it. I have been thinking about doing some of that stuff to my guitar but i cant seem to be able to taint its simplistic look. What have you guys done to your guitars or what do you think on the subject.
SKY BLUE TEAM OWNS ALL (If we still exsited)
well if i wanted my guitar to look like asshole mixed with cum, urine and crushed animal carcass,

then i may consider taping my guitar
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
I would if i had a squier so that way nobody would know what it was and i wouldn't feel embarrassed...
I have duct tape on mine, but not for appearance, it's used to hold the grounding wire underneath my trem springs, or it just ****s up for whatever reason.
But my guitar is too sexy for duct tape.
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
Quote by poor_blue_crabs
I don't have any tape on mine lol...but I have a chain on the headstock.

that's fukking metal
Quote by Chaos Nil
I would if i had a squier so that way nobody would know what it was and i wouldn't feel embarrassed...

this
Everyone in my band tapes random phrases to all their instruments and hold them up to spell out a random phrase before the breakdowns in one of our songs.
yea, i had a stripe of white duct tape at an outward angle, from the top to bottom of my guitar, near the end. and i still have on my headstock. the only reason i took it off was because it was burning my arm every time i'd play standing up.
I remember the day i put it, i had just bought a bunch of rolls of tape for teh lulz. i get home, sit down with the bag in my hands. i look up at my guitar and VOILA i got an idea. man, i was so bored that day.

goes to show what highschool kids do in their spare time aside from fapping
Quote by upchuck51
So have any of you guys put any duct tape or random stuff on your guitars? I am talking about adding it just for the hell of it. I have been thinking about doing some of that stuff to my guitar but i cant seem to be able to taint its simplistic look. What have you guys done to your guitars or what do you think on the subject.

dude EVH used electrical tape to create his pattern on the frankenstrat I believe, google it.
The gear:

* Epiphone Les Paul Custom
* Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 String
* Fender Squier P Bass
* Blackstar Stage HT-60
* Original Crybaby
* EHX Small Clone
* Boss DD-3
I used to have dental floss on my headstock. lol. I thought it would look "mummified", but it just was kinda dumb. I've done alot of work with it since then though and now it looks very nice sanded down. I'm thinking about burning an image of an angel into the headstock. It would be pretty tedious though.
Shag
I have black duct tape over my pickups...

mainly because I replaced the bridge pickup and they didnt match anymore and it irked me so presto changeo duct tape makes them look the same
Originally Posted by NAME GOES HERE
Dude, with a name like Cannibal Corpse, what were you expecting? Ponies and rainbows?

Quote by lpguitarplayer3
I have black duct tape over my pickups...

mainly because I replaced the bridge pickup and they didnt match anymore and it irked me so presto changeo duct tape makes them look the same

does it affect your tone at all? i might do it for teh lulz like all my other duct tape experiments, but i dont want my tone to be drained.
I roll a little bit around my hand and dab myself wearing one of my black fleeces. You wouldn't believe how much dog hair a single fleece attracts.
Squier Classic Vibe Custom
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Fender Jazz Bass
Quote by ikarian-pride
does it affect your tone at all? i might do it for teh lulz like all my other duct tape experiments, but i dont want my tone to be drained.

I actually didnt notice any difference in tone or anything...even with the duct tape on there I dont hear any difference at all

plus I know that a bunch of like famous guitarsts did it before...I know dime did and the guy from Cellador...and I think Vai did at one point too
Dude, with a name like Cannibal Corpse, what were you expecting? Ponies and rainbows?

Quote by lpguitarplayer3
I actually didnt notice any difference in tone or anything...even with the duct tape on there I dont hear any difference at all

plus I know that a bunch of like famous guitarsts did it before...I know dime did and the guy from Cellador...and I think Vai did at one point too

thanks. imma go waste some tape and time on tapic my pickups
i thought dime only put tape on the edge of his pickups so the strings dont get caught when dive bombing.

OH, so i dont go off topic. I fixed my gig bag with duct tape. so, now it looks like some retarted zebra with some gray disease. (i used black, white and gray duct tape. the case itself is black)
wasnt this thread locked a minute ago?

but no i dont have any duct tape on my guitar. i might do to make it look kewlzorz though
Stand up and cheer if you like SimCity

Play Up Pompey, Pompey Play Up
THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
Quote by Shagisabeast
I used to have dental floss on my headstock. lol. I thought it would look "mummified", but it just was kinda dumb. I've done alot of work with it since then though and now it looks very nice sanded down. I'm thinking about burning an image of an angel into the headstock. It would be pretty tedious though.

not really just use a soldering iron like a pencil take like 10 mins with a template sketched on
_____
MUSE
Quote by protest000
Quote by gillehy
Anyone agree there or am i on my own?
+
Quote by Saf1
Uhhh don't rape your guitars with sticky residue, save the tape for your drumskins.

Yeah this is the only undesirable effect that cae out of me duct taping my pickups...I'm not sure if I'll be able to take it off now without a bunch of sticky ****e being all over the place...but then again I dont really plan on taking off so