hey guys
got some gigs coming up and i got a new wireless guitar system. Any ideas on how i should attach the transmitter to my guitar strap? or any other ideas on where to attach it?
thanks guys
Last edited by andy281092 at Mar 5, 2009,
duct tape
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

Mesa Boogie Mark III blue dot Coliseum

Mesa Traditional 4x12 v30's x EVM 12l's

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
Quote by Holy-Diver
duct tape

I second that.

And you mean the transmitter? A receiver...receives. Are you receiving a signal? Because assuming it has to go on your guitar i would assume you are sending the signal from your guitar to the speaker system... unless your receiving the signal for your earpiece in which you would probably want that clipped somewhere on your pants on strapped to a spot on your back with duct tape.

And actually back when I was in charge of crew for school performances we sometimes had to strap the microphones on some of the actors with gaffers tape. Man... the places you got to go on some of those girls... *drool*
I just clip mine on, but I like beefy straps! if you don't, Holy_Diver is 100% right, Duct Tape! And not that crap Duck Tape, DUCT TAPE! Hell, my old lead singer played guitar on a very few songs and made an entire strap of it! I've even duct taped my strap locks in the past! ( that was when flips were cool!) If you can't duct it......
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
Quote by Survivalism
Put the receiver in an unlubed condom before you tape it.

i was gonna reccommend this too. works great
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
ohhh woops...yeah i meant the transmitter lol
ill give the duct tape a go but i dont want it to get all messy
^condom
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
Duct tape will be messy if you take it off. The glue on the back will stick. You can get it off with lighter fluid (charcoal lighter or otherwise) or even gasoline... well you might want to start with fingernail polish i guess but yeah.

Usually people just clip it on them with the clip that is usually on a transmitter. If you are careful enough you might as well clip the transmitter to your belt on the back and make sure to take that off before you take the guitar off since im assuming its to mic your guitar or something..
Quote by Chaos Nil
Duct tape will be messy if you take it off. The glue on the back will stick. You can get it off with lighter fluid (charcoal lighter or otherwise) or even gasoline... well you might want to start with fingernail polish i guess but yeah.

Usually people just clip it on them with the clip that is usually on a transmitter. If you are careful enough you might as well clip the transmitter to your belt on the back and make sure to take that off before you take the guitar off since im assuming its to mic your guitar or something..

tape WOULD be messy....
if you didnt use a condom
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
Why can't you just put the transmitter in your pocket?

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Actually... the condom thing would solve the problems with the tape... just tie a small knot with one end to the strap... you could just cut it off in the end... and maybe just a SMALL piece of tape to stick it to the strap to keep it from flying around...
Uhhh aren't they supposed to go in your back pocket?
100w Peavey Valveking Head
Mesa Rectifier 4x12 Standard Cab
Ibanez RG 321
Boss DD-7
iSP Decimator x2
BBE Boosta Grande
Modded Crybaby
MXR Blue Box
Numark Power Conditioner
Korg DTR-1000
i like it more on the strap.
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
im not sure if im looking at it correctly but would that just slip down the strap? like if i wanted to attach it higher up on the strap wouldn't it just slip down to the bottom of the guitar?
Kinda got bored reading so i'll just say this. If its been said before...sorry.

Get a holder for your transmitter that is made to go to your strap.

Or put it in your back pocket.
"if i were you I wouldn't fiddle with the feet etc. as that nullifies warranty but yeh, just get up in digitech's grill and demand they make you a custom whammy that is purple and gold and fires rockets when you bend +2 octaves"
if you have a pocket knife/ multitool belt holder thing you could use that too maybe. Just might be easier to find than one made specifically for your transmitter.
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
Quote by souperman08

/thread. Duct tape and condoms are for when you forgot this.
I was just going to say duct tape, but hey, whatever works for ya.
I'm Joel. I play guitar. I am a student. I look at the cost of tuition, not in a dollar value, but in the guitars I'm sacrificing now, to be able to buy later.
Quote by which ones pink
/thread. Duct tape and condoms are for when you forgot this.

or when you want to look kvlt
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
Not meaning to hijack the thread but can someone name a what price ill be looking at for a good wireless that wont lose lots of tone and pick up baby monitors and stuff but keeping it cheap as possible.

Im in the Uk btw.

Ohh and on topic tbh you would just be better getting something that clips on to your strap if possible simply cause its so much easyer.
Use Gaffers tape...doesnt leave sticky crap like duct tape and is tougher in my experience
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge