hey, i noticed recently that bands like norma jean, underoath, bring me the horizon, the chariot, etc use first act guitars,, i play similar style and want to try one so i was wondering if anyone has one and it is used for heavier music, and how it sounds? thanks!
Yeah, I own a custom shop FirstAct that I bought at the store in Boston, and it's effing sweet. Even their Wal*Mart guitars are very good with a set-up. I've played quite a few that I actually enjoy.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
needs more inlays.
My meh gear:
ESP LTD MH-400NT
Peavey Raptor Plus EXP
Digitech RP90
Digitech Bad Monkey
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi (WTS)
Crate GT15 (SHIT)

GAS:
Peavey 6505 112 combo
MXR 10-band EQ
Ibanez TS-9
Boss HR-2
Compressor (open to suggestions)
You do realize that no matter how beginner and crappy a brand can make cheap factory guitars, their respective custom shop stuff are always AWESOME. (Insert awesome face)
Quote by Sid McCall
Even their Wal*Mart guitars are very good with a set-up.

This. Most every guitar that cost less than a grand is stamped out by machines on an assembly line. The robots at Fender Mexico are just programmed a little better You can fix most Squier issues that slip through quality control. More bluntly, anyone who can't set up their own guitar probably can't tell the difference between a Squier and a vintage Fender anyway.
Bluegrass Rocks

CYNONYTE!

Quote by Basti95
People only come here to get sigged anyway

Quote by Basti95
Rats, I thought someone would sig it and make me famous...

it was going to be my big break

Quote by feardelicacy
hey, i noticed recently that bands like norma jean, underoath, bring me the horizon, the chariot, etc use first act guitars,, i play similar style and want to try one so i was wondering if anyone has one and it is used for heavier music, and how it sounds? thanks!

Yeah man, I've played a ton of the customs and higher end guitars at First Act's Boston store and they really are sweet. They get a horrible wrap for the Wal Mart guitars but the majority of the guitars in the shop are built custom in their luthier shop in Somerville, MA. If you get a chance, check out the Sheena model, that's my favorite one for heavy music (aside from the Brent Hinds custom (Mastodon)).
Quote by AluminumOxide
Cobain killed himself before he learned to play guitar.

Gibson SG Special
Schecter C1-Plus
To get the most out of a guitar it needs to be properly setup. The first guitar I had was a strat copy and now I know the action was very high making it much harder to learn. As soon as I got my next guitar I found it very easy to play.
the only thing I'd do with a wal-mart guitar is see how high I can tune the strings before they break.
this is a post. there are many like it but this one is mine

=======================

Taylor Big Baby
Agile 3100 CSB
Peavey classic 30/112
Okko Dominator, Big muff pi, cs3, dd3, ch1, ts9, ad9, classic wah
They're really not that bad...I've seen much better for $100 *cough*SX*cough*, but they're not bad.
Nope, no sig here.
When I hear "First Act" I think about my brother's Toys R' Us guitar that I learned to play on. I refuse to pick it up after I bought my MIM Strat.

But I checked out their site; they make full size guitars too, never played one though.
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix