Anyone who is an avid milsim paintballer is probably slightly familar with Tiberius Arms. They are the "go to" brand of paintball marker that has a clip/magazine instead of a hopper, and now for the first successfull time Tiberius Arms is coming up with new bullet like paint ammo. (not the first time bullet styled paintballs were introduced, but i do beleive it is the first time it will be successful.) Their new round is called the Tiberius Arms First Strike Sniper Round. . Being an paintballer myself i felt this was nessicary to share with fellow UGers that paintball. Personally I think this round will revolutionize paintball sniping, or to those non-believers of paintball snipers create the new style of playing as a paintball sniper. Its up to 25X more accurate than the normal ball, because of the spiral/spin put on it, and that also allows it to maintain its speed for longer, therefore travel farther with an enhanced effective range. After a normal paintball has travelled 150 Feet its speed is about 100fps, with the First Strike Sniper Round at 150 feet it will be traveling at approx 200fps. Thus giving players who use compatible markers (Tiberius Markers) a range bonus on other players, unfair you may think, but they have one major disadvantage, these First Strike rounds can only be load either one by one, or with a clip, and said clip only holds 8 rounds. So I think it weights out evenly. Accuracy + Range - Ammo capacity = 25 times more ammo - Less range/accuracy. It sounds like a fair trade to me. Heres a video demonstration of said round: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjPxA4fjK-U

tl;dr
Revolutionary bullet like paintball made by Tiberius, follow links for images and info.
Anyways, fellow paintballing UGers what are your thoughts of this new "paintbullet"?
Reinhardt 18 Head
H&K Tubemiester 18 head
Blue 6505+ head

TC Electronics G Major
MXR phase 90, Pigtronix Echolution 2
Digitech Whammy (5th gen)

ETB Infinity x2
ETB Yoda

Frust
Not interested.

I make my own custom paint, filled with the blood of my vanquished enemies.

Every 100 bullets, I have one that is filled with the stomach acid of the endangered American Jaguar and every 250 bullets I have one that is composed of faeces and offal.

It makes my game far more interesting
There may be times when it is impossible to prevent injustice, but there should never be a time when we fail to protest it.

Take a trip down the Scenic River

Call me Charlie.
Why don't they just use real bullets?
The will be heartache,
there will be rain,
and joy I can't explain.
i, being the idiot i am, first pictured an actual sniper round except made of paint and the shell or whatever. a long paintball with a pointed tip. i was wondering how much that would hurt.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
dam that looks cool, but man twice the damage, i got a massive scar from getting hit by a normal paintball through a hole in my overalls, they'd hurt like hell.

Although just to let you know the military has used stuff like this for years.
The gear:

* Epiphone Les Paul Custom
* Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 String
* Fender Squier P Bass
* Blackstar Stage HT-60
* Original Crybaby
* EHX Small Clone
* Boss DD-3
Quote by vIsIbleNoIsE
i, being the idiot i am, first pictured an actual sniper round except made of paint and the shell or whatever. a long paintball with a pointed tip. i was wondering how much that would hurt.

Me too!
Quote by domino_92
I think hardcore2step has the right idea

Quote by civildp1
Yeah but God won't touch my penis. So it's like, what choice do I have but to turn to women?
Quote by Seryaph
Not interested.

Every 100 bullets, I have one that is filled with the stomach acid of the endangered American Jaguar and every 250 bullets I have one that is composed of faeces and offal.

Paintballing is fun, but too expensive, in my opinion. Who would go out of their way to buy that?
Quote by metabolicmaggot
Win. +1 cookie for hide the beer.

well being shot at like 60 feet by a "paintbullet" will probably hurt like being hit by a 30ft shot by a paintball... cause the First strike sniper round is more areodynamic and keeps its speed better. I'd be fine getting hit by one, the fear of being hit makes half the game... its what keeps me on edge, and my adrenaline going.

...oh and paintball guns dont have the proper hammer and bolt to make the bullets shoot... obviously...
Reinhardt 18 Head
H&K Tubemiester 18 head
Blue 6505+ head

TC Electronics G Major

ETB Infinity x2
ETB Yoda

Frust
paintball already is so damn expensive. Most places require field only paint anyway, why would you market something you'll never be able to sell lol.
Quote by nonamesleftWTF
paintball already is so damn expensive. Most places require field only paint anyway, why would you market something you'll never be able to sell lol.

These will sell fine, plenty of people play on in the woods and whatnot, also this is a big enough company to get thier stuff approved and used in big tournaments and events.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by hendrixftw
dam that looks cool, but man twice the damage, i got a massive scar from getting hit by a normal paintball through a hole in my overalls, they'd hurt like hell.

Although just to let you know the military has used stuff like this for years.

Yah these particular rounds are a lighter version of the FN 303 rounds that law enforcment forces use for croud control and less lethal.

Yah paintball is expensive, and these are supposed to be about $6 for 8 of em, which can be hard to justify. But one can justify using them because the is approximately the cost of 1 hopper fill, and with the first strike rounds your shots might just count for more than a normal ball.

As for marketing somthing in a FPO paintball world, theres lots of people, like myself, who play mostly on there own land on a make shift course, and theres some non FPO courses out there, you just have to pay a fee. And perhaps you can talk your local feild into allowing you to use them, because of the circumstances of the marker and the roudn itself.

My major concern is that I can see these getting banned in Canada... I really hope they don't, else I'll have to move to America...
Reinhardt 18 Head
H&K Tubemiester 18 head
Blue 6505+ head

TC Electronics G Major

ETB Infinity x2
ETB Yoda

Frust

An upgraded Tanaka L96 of these can hit targets out to 100 yards, sometimes more.

Airsoft FTW.
Quote by deathbat831
.........oh wow.
Eddy 372, im nominating you badass of UG
Quote by disturbed_n_wv
I believe thats the best looking Explorer I've ever seen, I did think they were all ugly until i seen that one Eddy372 good choice.

I always wanted to get into airsoft for in the winter and indoors, and then paintball in the summer, but Airsoft is very restricted in Canada, everything has to have the orange tip and be made of mostly clear plastic. So paintball won.
Reinhardt 18 Head
H&K Tubemiester 18 head
Blue 6505+ head

TC Electronics G Major

ETB Infinity x2
ETB Yoda

Frust
This would never be approved in tournament ball (not that anyone would want to use it). Being a former tournament player, I think this is stupid as hell. A scenario game would be the only decent use of it, and how often do those come around.
Quote by StevenJ128
This would never be approved in tournament ball (not that anyone would want to use it). Being a former tournament player, I think this is stupid as hell. A scenario game would be the only decent use of it, and how often do those come around.

I usually play about 4-5 scenario games a year (those are about the only times I play at paintball facilities)
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Seryaph
Not interested.

My ****ing hero. My god I love you!
Quote by FightinIrishPJ
It's an acoustic, slow it down, get some lemonade, go to the beach, play "i'm yours" by jason mraz, get women...
Ummm...you know where they got this "Revolutionary" round?

...take a wild guess...

Definitely wasn't paintball, but it involves using weapons for a living...
"Ignorance runs rampant through this virus we call life, dead one day, alive the next, never breaking a stride. As I take it all in and realize, nothing we do can stop it, I release the hatred from my eyes, only to feel it within."
Im gonna try paintball this year. Locally we have a great choice of courses, dense jungle complete with creeks and such, a mock town, a trench battlefield and a grass plain field all on the same property.
GEAR
Legend LP
Nylon Acoustic
Legend 10D Amp
Korg AX3G

flickr
You would definately have to use these on a large woodsball playing area, in speedball it would be ****ing deadly.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
i like going in nothing but my boxers and mask, its fun
up for adoption

How am I in bed you ask?

Quote by metaldud536
Shallow and pedantic

Quote by crackhutch
Ummm...you know where they got this "Revolutionary" round?

...take a wild guess...

Definitely wasn't paintball, but it involves using weapons for a living...

As a matter of fact I do...
It is based completely on the FN 303 round which is a pepper ball used for law enforcement agencies as a less lethal round for croud control. Both the FS round and FN 303 are made by the same company too, I cant recall the name though... it might be in one of links.

However if you are incinuating that this round is to real for paintball and think paintball is to similar to war and what not then maybe you should not use this round. However the paintball and war are very different. In paintball You simply project (one could say "shoot") projectiles (balls or semi oval shapped rounds) at other plays to emlimate them from the game, its like modern tag, and people can come back and play the next round. In war you kill people, often the people who are shot are not back for the next round. The ranges of the 2 are different also, rarley would one get an elimination at 100yards away in paintball (most eliminations are within 10-25 yards), in wars, world war one to be more exact had approximatly 400yards between trenches, and in a more modern war like afghanistan a Canadian Soldier managed a 2657 yard shot, but when it comes down to more practicle situations the weapons they use generally have 600yard effective ranges (effective range in paintbal is about 50 yards, maximum range is 100yards (ball doesnt break often if ever) , even most close combat situations are at least around 100yards which is as I stated before rare for a paintballer to get an elimination at that range. But please dont think that paintball is the only thing out there that may put a bad influence on people, think of the numerous video games out there based on war, even olympic sports like the Biathalon have you ski around a bit then shoot at a head sized target. Football... running around tackling people for a ball? Boxing, you fight another human in hand to hand combat to win? If you slam paintball for being too real then you should look at the world around you... But if you are not incinuating that then dont worry about any of those comments.
tl;dr: its just a rant of why I feel people shouldnt slam paintball...
Reinhardt 18 Head
H&K Tubemiester 18 head
Blue 6505+ head

TC Electronics G Major

ETB Infinity x2
ETB Yoda

Frust
how are these like bullets? Bullets don't look like this... These are like pellets from a pellet gun
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
I don't paintball as much as I would like to.
Too expensive.
But it IS fun,
And that gun looks cool as hell.
Quote by lordofthefood1
how are these like bullets? Bullets don't look like this... These are like pellets from a pellet gun

Bullets may not be a good term, but I could not think of another word.
Quote by geetar_man0
i wanna play paint ball soooo bad

As do I, its winter up here in Canada though...lol Just had a big snow storm the last few days, well big for middle of no where Alberta. But I did take my Marker out for a shooting today, shame my red/green dot sight isnt very bright when everything is covered in sun reflecting snow...lol
Reinhardt 18 Head
H&K Tubemiester 18 head
Blue 6505+ head

TC Electronics G Major

ETB Infinity x2
ETB Yoda

Frust
I've never even shot a paintball, but i've always wanted to be far away and shoot someone. So sniper rounds would be cool, its college so it might be about time for me to invest in one.
Quote by Ethanb08
As a matter of fact I do...
It is based completely on the FN 303 round which is a pepper ball used for law enforcement agencies as a less lethal round for croud control. Both the FS round and FN 303 are made by the same company too, I cant recall the name though... it might be in one of links.

However if you are incinuating that this round is to real for paintball and think paintball is to similar to war and what not then maybe you should not use this round. However the paintball and war are very different. In paintball You simply project (one could say "shoot") projectiles (balls or semi oval shapped rounds) at other plays to emlimate them from the game, its like modern tag, and people can come back and play the next round. In war you kill people, often the people who are shot are not back for the next round. The ranges of the 2 are different also, rarley would one get an elimination at 100yards away in paintball (most eliminations are within 10-25 yards), in wars, world war one to be more exact had approximatly 400yards between trenches, and in a more modern war like afghanistan a Canadian Soldier managed a 2657 yard shot, but when it comes down to more practicle situations the weapons they use generally have 600yard effective ranges (effective range in paintbal is about 50 yards, maximum range is 100yards (ball doesnt break often if ever) , even most close combat situations are at least around 100yards which is as I stated before rare for a paintballer to get an elimination at that range. But please dont think that paintball is the only thing out there that may put a bad influence on people, think of the numerous video games out there based on war, even olympic sports like the Biathalon have you ski around a bit then shoot at a head sized target. Football... running around tackling people for a ball? Boxing, you fight another human in hand to hand combat to win? If you slam paintball for being too real then you should look at the world around you... But if you are not incinuating that then dont worry about any of those comments.
tl;dr: its just a rant of why I feel people shouldnt slam paintball...

I wasn't slamming paintball, I love paintball! I was just saying the round was developed from law enforcement and military training aids/less lethal methods.

EDIT: I'm in the Army too, so I love to shoot stuff. Especially when it involves using the tactics I've learned against people, ****in great!
"Ignorance runs rampant through this virus we call life, dead one day, alive the next, never breaking a stride. As I take it all in and realize, nothing we do can stop it, I release the hatred from my eyes, only to feel it within."
Last edited by crackhutch at Mar 11, 2009,
Recommended threads
The Boss MT-2
MentalityBand
Last post:
by roast
traben
noxios
Last post:
by noxios