Ignore my other posts, I've officially decided, I want a VERY good Martin acoustic guitar. Note: Money is not a factor here people. It just needs to be atleast under 3k. My friend has a 3k Martin with a cut away, and it plays so good it honestly turns me on a little...no lie.

All Jokes aside, in my closest acoustic guitar store has no martins that teenagers are allowed to play (It really says outside the acoustic room "NO TEENAGERS" and I'm 16 so :\) anywho

I'd really like some suggestions that any acous. veterans who PLAY martins, to give me some good ideas of what to grab. Please do not suggest any other kind of guitar, I love Martins, and I want a martin SOOOO badly.
A D-28 would suit nicely. They tend to hold/escalate in value a bit better than the lesser models. The D-45 would be tough to find under that budget. Not impossible. Just difficult.

And find a different music store.

EDIT better still, go in with a buddy, have him ask you how much you are ready to spend right then, loud enough for the employees to hear. spend three hours playing everything before announcing you'll probably just go to guitar center. Honestly, the nerve of the shop, to post a sign like that...
Bluegrass Rocks

CYNONYTE!

Quote by Basti95
People only come here to get sigged anyway

Quote by Basti95
Rats, I thought someone would sig it and make me famous...

it was going to be my big break

Last edited by millerdrr at Mar 5, 2009,
You can pretty much afford the Martin Standard series at this price.

Here's what you can probably afford.
http://mguitar.com/guitars/choosing/price.php?c=6

I know the MSRP is almost 4k in some cases, but even the HD-35($3,700 MSRP) goes for $2,750 on musiciansfriend.

I would look at the D-28, HD-28, D-35, or HD-35's if I were you. Those are really the flagship guitars(so to speak) that everyone knows and loves.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
If you go in to the shop and say you have money and want to buy a guitar, I think they'd probably let you play them. They probably would just appreciate it if you ask first.

But yeah, if money isn't a thing, I'd probably go with a D-28.
It's Only Rock and Roll, But I like It
I like these suggestions! I'll check em out more when I
Get home I did hear that the j.c martin was REALLY bassy
Quote by slidething31
If you go in to the shop and say you have money and want to buy a guitar, I think they'd probably let you play them. They probably would just appreciate it if you ask first.

But yeah, if money isn't a thing, I'd probably go with a D-28.

True I can see why they have it it just bugs me that they have it