Hey guys,

I just got a Crate GTX212, which is 200W and 8 ohm

I also have a Marshall Mg slant cab that's 120W and 8 Ohm

i'm curious if i'd be at risk for damaging either of my amps doing this? do i need to look at different specs to determine this? I'm kind of a noob when it comes to guitar heads/cabs

---the crate does have an external speaker jack at the back which i plan to use for the cab.

any help would be awesome, thanks. i don't want to make a mistake
Last edited by LiVv999 at Mar 5, 2009,
Damaging your speakers would be a best case scenario. I wouldn't test it. I'd be more worried about your tone.
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
it'll be fine, you will get quite a bit of speaker distortion at high volumes though.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
I wouldn't do it but your tone is going to be garbage even if you can get by with it. Get rid of that cab quickly. I mean the amp sucks too though but..
The speakers will only be damaged if you play that thing insanely loud. That being said, I doubt the Crate will sound better through the cab than through it's own speakers.
Quote by TheQuailman
The speakers will only be damaged if you play that thing insanely loud. That being said, I doubt the Crate will sound better through the cab than through it's own speakers.

I agree. I take it he didn't try out a lot of amps. I think he probably just went to a music store and picked this up. I see no reason to buy this thing. I mean even if you don't have a lot of cash there is so much better out there. I don't see how they sell these things.