Page 1 of 2
Does anyone remember the old sonic cartoon?

The one where he and those other animals were freedom fighters after robotnik had taked over the world? (yes, i saw it on Nostalgia Critic last week)

And does anyone remember the comic books of sonic that used to come out? I used to have 20 books of those that unfortunately got lost when I moved to Germany, but man I thought they were awesome.

Discuss
Lol
Urkel did the voice of sonic...
Oh f*ck it,
I'm gonna have a party.
I had the blankest year,
I watched life turn into a TV show.
It was totally weird.
sonic 2 was the only thing worth remembering

I hope he's dead, with all those chili dogs I'm sure he's had a massive coronary

I remember the show, it was alright I guess, Pinky and the Brain was better though
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
キタ━━━━(・∀・)━━━━!!
Quote by Ichikurosaki
shred knows more about everything than anyone i think

Quote by IchiKurosaki
i hope we never meet shjred honestly i love you but im scared of you
Quote by CoreysMonster
THAT IS NOT THE OLD CARTOON!

Fixed
キタ━━━━(・∀・)━━━━!!
Quote by Ichikurosaki

Quote by IchiKurosaki
Hell Yeah! SatAM was awesome back in the day. I guess nostalgia has more of a place in fans of Sonic than actual quality now-a-days. Or it might just be kids trying to get in the old craze and say they like Sonic when they've never even heard of it before the newer Sonic cartoons

Damn anyone who thinks the newer Sonic games are better than the old ones.
And to anyone who thinks Shadow is cool....please go kill yourself. For the sake of The Human race, just please end yourself now.
Quote by Kite2411
Hell Yeah! SatAM was awesome back in the day. I guess nostalgia has more of a place in fans of Sonic than actual quality now-a-days. Or it might just be kids trying to get in the old craze and say they like Sonic when they've never even heard of it before the newer Sonic cartoons

And to anyone who thinks Shadow is cool....please go kill yourself. For the sake of The Human race, just please end yourself now.

Sonic did not need any new characters after the Chaotix and MechaSonic.

All new characters fail.
Quote by Kite2411

^This
キタ━━━━(・∀・)━━━━!!
Quote by Ichikurosaki

Quote by IchiKurosaki
Last edited by Shredoftheday at Mar 5, 2009,
The freedom fighters/Robotnik one is called Sonic Underground. I used to want to be the pink one, Sonia.

They're looking a bit overweight, here:

XIAOXI
Quote by Abunai X
The freedom fighters/Robotnik one is called Sonic Underground. I used to want to be the pink one, Sonia.

They're looking a bit overweight, here:

you moron, that'S not what we mean, that's some kind of stupid remake that includes musical instruments for some reason.

THIS

is what I'm talking 'bout.
DUDE! I totally remember! It was the first comic book I ever bought! It was so kool, the squirrels dad was turning into a crystal, and they tried to use a power emerald to heal him, but it just made it worse, so sonic had to go get more rings!

EDIT: I even remember the theme song!

Sonic, he can really move!
Sonic, he's got an attitude!
Sonic, he's the fastest thing aliiiiiiEEEEEiiiiiiEEEEEiiiiiiiEEEEEEiiiiive!

Dunlop 535Q Wah, Ibanez TS-9, EHX LBM
Mesa/Boogie Express 5:25
MXR 6-band EQ, Boss NS-2, Boss PS-5, MXR Phase 90, MXR Carbon Copy

GAS: Micro POG

Quote by Zugunruhe
this was the funniest thing ive seen in the pit for weeks.

^about me
Last edited by Cutlass_253 at Mar 5, 2009,
Quote by l33TgUiT@rd00d

I would destroy her

SHES NOT WEARING ANY UNDWEEADJGKSAUFGHRGHBKJDH *spurt*

Quote by Abunai X

I would destroy her
God Damn Furry lovers!!!!

Quote by Zugunruhe

^about me
It's the unusually large heads, couple with her adorable tiny feet, isn't it?

Quote by Zugunruhe

^about me
Good sonic is dead....all that they keep creating is utter ****. Sega had the best sonic games.
The gear:

* Epiphone Les Paul Custom
* Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 String
* Fender Squier P Bass
* Blackstar Stage HT-60
* Original Crybaby
* EHX Small Clone
* Boss DD-3
Anyone else get the comics as well? I totally frickin love Sonic, I'm wearing my Sonic t-shirt RIGHT NOW!!
Plus I still have all my old mega drive games
Some people wait a lifetime, some simply accept...

...Some of us crash land, some of us eject...

...Some restore the blood flow, some just let it go and bleed...

...Some of us obsess, some move on to something new
Not only do i remeber i own the collector edition of the show. Plus they just released the collected bundles of the comics so im gonna collect them too.
i would say playing the game was better than watching the show or comics
Quote by hb15577
i would say playing the game was better than watching the show or comics

This
Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery.

But today is a gift, that is why it is called the present.
You haven't lived unless you have seen a large proportion of the original Sonic series, and read Sonic Comics and Annuals.

A lot of you haven't lived then!
Quote by Jackolas
You haven't lived unless you have seen a large proportion of the original Sonic series, and read Sonic Comics and Annuals.

A lot of you haven't lived then!

I've lived! *highfives Jackolas*
ah, back when sonic was good... yeah, i wish i was old enough to remember most of it.
now it's all shi'ite, like muslim extremists
??? Fund: cba to keep up with it.
will at least try when I get a jerb
੧_\\\

yours,

Alex (mcfreaki)
I had 99% of the comics they released before they started randomly repeating storylines..

there were a few I missed but I used to have like 4 or 5 boxes worth.

the 50th issue edition of metallix was the best.

I still keep buying the sonic games in the hope that they'll manage to recapture some of the magic.

I always end up disappointed
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Does anybody from NZ especially remember the Sonic Icecreams you used to be able to buy?
UG BLS Chapter.
SDMF#UG001
SDMF#UG002-faqu
SDMF#UG003-pantera-nat124
Quote by Mr_Zakk_Wylde
Does anybody from NZ especially remember the Sonic Icecreams you used to be able to buy?

please tell me you got to lick his face.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by Lemoninfluence

oh gosh, i lirled

Sonic was awesome, its always like this, cartoons come out awesome, then it just goes to bad then worse, like Pokemon, damn that was awesome, i still remember watching tentacruel turning into a giant haha..
I see you're not using the UG black theme

Originally posted by GOD
akm_202, i now announce you, king of awesome. You may bow down to me.
Remember the days when it was Dr. Robotnik and not "Eggman"

That is such a ****ty name, I hope whoever came up with it was shot and then hit by a car
Some people wait a lifetime, some simply accept...

...Some of us crash land, some of us eject...

...Some restore the blood flow, some just let it go and bleed...

...Some of us obsess, some move on to something new
Quote by whatamidoinhere
Remember the days when it was Dr. Robotnik and not "Eggman"

That is such a ****ty name, I hope whoever came up with it was shot and then hit by a car

my sentiments exactly, what the hell was wrong with calling him "Robotnik", anyway? that was the most awesome bad guy names in the history of videogames, comics and cartoons, and "Eggman" is definately at the opposite end of the scale.
??? Fund: cba to keep up with it.
will at least try when I get a jerb
੧_\\\

yours,

Alex (mcfreaki)
Quote by sketchy z
Earth

Worm

Jim

No. I have Earth Worm Jim. I could beat the entire game when I was 8, now I can't beat the first level. it sucks.

I did however beat every single sonic game that sega ever made until they started getting horrible. Sonic Spinball anyone?
Quote by KevVin

and when that cheeky slut Nurse Joy tells me "We hope to see you again" like, she hopes my pokemon all faint again?
Not. Cool.

Found this amusing:
Quote by Aidy Damage
Oh God... it's back.
sega genesis FTW
Quote by webbtje
A woman's perspective is great, you get to stare down at least one top without anyone caring.
I vaguely remember a robot chicken, a monkey (that went "Yeaaah... YEEAAAAH") and some sort of drill thing, and sonic and tails going into a weird room with loads of fishes and some guy with a lisp and a lab coat. And they had to escape from this ****ed up room.
Quote by Lemoninfluence

Around my area ice cream trucks had Sonic ice cream and it was his face/head on a stick.

Anybody else thing the songs from the Sonic games are awesome? They're some of my favorites from any game.
There's no death, no end of time when I'm facing it with you...
Last edited by Pookie6 at Mar 5, 2009,
Page 1 of 2