Poll: WHICH ONE OF THE PACKS
Poll Options
View poll results: WHICH ONE OF THE PACKS
GRX70DXJ
2 40%
GSA6J
3 60%
Voters: 5.
No Geos. Go looking for an RG321 or 350 if you really want a trem.
yea, don't get a Gio. Just posted this in another thread but try a Rg321.
Call me Cam
Quote by DirtyMakik
I'm Han Solo, Splamron's Greedo.

Han shot first. Greedo's dead.
Edge III = bad

It'd be a better idea to get a fixed bridge model if you go with a lower end RG.The RG321 would probably be your best bet.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Quote by Pr0gNut
Edge III = bad

It'd be a better idea to get a fixed bridge model if you go with a lower end RG.The RG321 would probably be your best bet.
The Edge III is fine if you're just using it a little. I had an RG350DX for over a year and other than for string changes, I never had to tune it. I don't beat the crap outta the whammy bar though. Just some light little flutters and whatnot.
Quote by ch0
The Edge III is fine if you're just using it a little. I had an RG350DX for over a year and other than for string changes, I never had to tune it. I don't beat the crap outta the whammy bar though. Just some light little flutters and whatnot.

I didn't just mean bad quality,which it pretty much is.I meant that for a beginner,which TS most likely is,a double locking trem would be a hassle.If he wanted to experiment with tunings and all that he'd be screwed,and the string changes would be a pain in the ass as well.I had a 350DX and the trem went on me in less than 6 months,but other than that it wasn't a horrible guitar.I just think TS would be better off with a fixed bridge model,that's all.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Quote by Pr0gNut
I didn't just mean bad quality,which it pretty much is.I meant that for a beginner,which TS most likely is,a double locking trem would be a hassle.If he wanted to experiment with tunings and all that he'd be screwed,and the string changes would be a pain in the ass as well.I had a 350DX and the trem went on me in less than 6 months,but other than that it wasn't a horrible guitar.I just think TS would be better off with a fixed bridge model,that's all.
Maybe I just got a good 350, but I figured I'd stand up for the Edge III a little.

I agree when you said that for a beginner a double locking trem would be a hassle. My 350 didn't get string changes anywhere near as often as it should just because I couldn't be bothered.

Anyway, I traded in my RG350DX for an RG321MH and I'm glad I did.
Quote by ch0
Maybe I just got a good 350, but I figured I'd stand up for the Edge III a little.

I agree when you said that for a beginner a double locking trem would be a hassle. My 350 didn't get string changes anywhere near as often as it should just because I couldn't be bothered.

Anyway, I traded in my RG350DX for an RG321MH and I'm glad I did.

The edge III is a good design,and while it works it works pretty good,but the soft metal and shoddy build quality is what does it in.The RG321 also has superior body wood IMO,I've always preferred mahogany to basswood.

sorry guys but what the hell is edge III ???
Last edited by stellaras at Mar 5, 2009,
Quote by stellaras
sorry guys but what the hell is eagle III ???
I have no clue what an Eagle III is.

An Edge III is the tremolo that all lower and most mid end Ibanez (RG) come with.
Quote by ch0

Yeah the Edge III isn't as bad as people say. The only people who have problems with them are the people who rape their whammy bars all the time...if you don't use it much you will be fine. But if you change tunings a lot, I'd recommend getting a fixed bridge version...just makes things easier. Especially if you don't plan to use a trem much.
Hope you'll forgive the attitude, but, don't bother with fake guitars like Geos and Epiphone Juniors. Just get the grown up version and save yourself having to buy another guitar in a few months.
Have you even read the post?
Don't get either.
Save up about $150 more and get yourself an RG.
Quote by Cobain_is_king

Seth: 1
A7X: 0
Gio is the model of the guitars you want to buy (They say Gio on the headstock)
The grx70dxj or gsa6j package both have "Gio" guitars

They're really just Ibanez's begginer guitar series.
Everyone here is saying just to save up a bit and get a better guitar

May I recommend
Guitar:
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-RG120-Electric-Guitar?sku=519426
Amp:
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Roland-Cube-15X-Amp?sku=487030

Trust me you'll be making a mistake buying a "begginers package"
Because the amp that comes with them suck horribly

If you have some extra cash I'd say get this guitar
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-RE2EX1-Electric-Guitar?sku=519783
Geos are the guitars you get in those packages. You know, a Geo. An Ibanez Geo.

Save your money and get an RG.
Quote by ch0
Geos are the guitars you get in those packages. You know, a Geo. An Ibanez Geo.

Save your money and get an RG.

...Gio.
Quote by Cobain_is_king

Seth: 1
A7X: 0
Quote by Seth Shadows
...Gio.
That's true, isn't it.

Oh wellz, no matter how you spell it, They're awful.