I just bought a brand new Blues Jr tweed NOS and wondering if I should get the 2 year extended warranty from Guitar Center. I've read mixed reviews on the reliability of this amp. I think I will get the extended warranty but just wanted to ask before I do.

I live in an apartment so the amp will only be used in the bedroom and it will be played everyday for 1 or 2 hours at a reasonable volume level.
Most times the extended warranty is just extra profit for the company. Its depends alot on what exactly the warranty covers. Is it just an extension of factory defect warranty or total replacement thing? But it wont cover tubes for long or wear and tear from use and any mods would void it. I went and bought a detail paint gun for 14$ and the extended warranty was 20$, needless to say I didnt get the warranty.
Last edited by Tackleberry at Mar 5, 2009,
i would not would not buy the warranty, it is just a sales thing. I bought a 20 dollar dvd player and the guy asked me if i wanted the extended warranty for an extra 12 dollars. I think it is a scam.
Eh. I normally put it on my stuff. Just because if anything happens to the pedal under normal conditions (like stage use, road use, stupid little cousins...) you walk in and you either can get a straight up replacement or a check of the same value.

--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--