I'll just get straight to the point, I've narrowed it down to these three different brands, I'd like a 1x15 and 4x10 together, tell me which of the three you like best and why. I know there's a big price difference, but really I'm just going for the best sound.

Acoustic B115 and B410: Here and here

Ashdown ABM 115 and ABM 410T: Here and here

Hartke HX115 and HX410: Here and here

For the Hartke's, I'd get the 3500a amp head, for the Acoustic and Ashdown I haven't decided yet on a head for those. Thanks for the input!
G&L ASAT Semi-Hollow
Ibanez SR305 DX
Washbrun XB100 (modified)
Ibanez SW35

Fender Telecaster (MIM)
Orange Crush 15R

Danelectro Corned Beef Reverb
Digitech Hardwire DL-8
I'd go for the Ashdown for a 1x15 and maybe a GK for a 4x15 instead.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
What would you define as the "Best sound"

All off them are solid choices as far as I know.

I have the Hartke cabs.

And the 3500 head would go perfectly with me, I have the 2500 head. and I am very happy with my tone.

The Acoustic (as far as I know, I'm not overly sure) Is more transparent than the other two, meaning the sound of the bass comes through alot more than the others

The Ashdown is rather deep and bassy, very smooth and clean, though the MAG series is better

As far as versatility goes. with the Hartke set-up you can dial in a tone good for any kind of genre, and would be able to be more unique, though with a definate Hartke soul to it

I'd advice the Hartke
"Whats that noise??"

"... Jazz"
get the hartke cabs, the Hydrive technology is amazing
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
WEll, it really deoends, there all quite difffernt, the hartke and acoustic will be more alike as there much more transparent amps, while the ashdown is more colourful with the abm being more wooly then the mag. All those cabinets are great, i would rule out the acoustic cabs first. The Vx are more all rounders then the other hartke cabs and are lesas bright then the hydrives and LX. I like ashdown though, and think there 4x10's are great.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
I'd rule out the Acoustic ones first...they sound good, but from what I understand the others have much better construction.

As for the other two, they're going to have very different tones, like the folks above described.

Another brand to look at is Kustom. They've got some good stuff out in that price bracket. IIRC they'll sound fairly deep and warm, but without a lot of coloration...kind of like Hartke I guess, but focused on the low end instead of the sparkle and bite.
Nope, no sig here.
ashdown abm 4x10 and hartke hydrive for the 15
that would sound beastly!!
Yeah I'm going for a deep, warm, "bassy" sound (as some of you are probablu picking up on from seeing me here before), I play 5-string so a low B clarity is a must. I appreciate the feedback thus far, so it's between the Ashdown and the Hartke (I might go VX instead of Hydrive), and the others people suggest I will definately have a look at as well. Thanks.
G&L ASAT Semi-Hollow
Ibanez SR305 DX
Washbrun XB100 (modified)
Ibanez SW35

Fender Telecaster (MIM)
Orange Crush 15R

Danelectro Corned Beef Reverb
Digitech Hardwire DL-8
You could mix and match, a ashdown 1x15 for bassy, and a hydrive for sparkly top end. And if you goiong hartke, check pout the lH heads, a lh 500 with a sansamp vt pedal would sound godly. And plently of power. Ashdown, the abm head does differ from the Mag head, and then there the little giant stuff. The abm is the most warment, wooly amp ever, the Mag is a little more clear, but not nearly as warm ,and i here the little giant heads or very in between.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Id go for Hatkes, also check out the LH500 as well as the 3500
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
i would go with hartke.
i wasn't sure between the hartke and the ashdown cabs.
and i played both of them, and hatke won by a longshot.
Quote by Helbent Revenge
I'll just get straight to the point, I've narrowed it down to these three different brands, I'd like a 1x15 and 4x10 together, tell me which of the three you like best and why. I know there's a big price difference, but really I'm just going for the best sound.

Acoustic B115 and B410: Here and here

Ashdown ABM 115 and ABM 410T: Here and here

Hartke HX115 and HX410: Here and here

For the Hartke's, I'd get the 3500a amp head, for the Acoustic and Ashdown I haven't decided yet on a head for those. Thanks for the input!

The problem I have is that the 300 watt 15" Speaker in the Ashdown probably costs no more than $50 USD which makes the empty cab very expensive; and the main reason that I build my own cabs.
G&L L2500
Squier Affinity Jazz Bass 5
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
Ashdown Little Giant 1000
300 watt 15" powered cab
450 watt 15" powered sub bass cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn