Well I finally broke down and got the emg's out of my two guitars with them. I put a d sonic in one and x2n in another. the x2n is in my RG neck thru guitar and the d sonic is in my sz. I'm preferring the d sonic more. I already have d sonics in other guitars though so I guess it's nothing new for me but it is for this guitar. I think I will put one in the RG after all.

D sonic is thick and has a good low end sound to it. The mids are pretty swell too. The x2n is more of a screamer for those guys that like the emg type sound without being active. It's also a cool pickup but it's not as thick as the d sonic.

Call me crazy but honestly the schecter exotic star guitar I got still has the best sounding pickups. It has super rock 2 schecter pickups and it still sounds tighter, more low end, the best harmonics and just so organic sounding. The d sonic is the closet thing I've found to it though.

Anyone else know any pickups close to those schecter pickups? I'd love to have that sound in all my guitars. I just bought the new RG neck thru the all white one. It's a brand new guitar and I still can't play it. I always end up putting it back in the case and going back to my exotic star. It plays so much better and sounds so much better.
Quote by linksys24
Perhaps you can just buy schecter pickups from a dealer maybe? Ebay??

I haven't been able to find any but I'm looking.