Poll: How often do you work out?
Poll Options
View poll results: How often do you work out?
Multiple times a day
5 3%
Once a day
32 20%
Three times a week
45 28%
Twice a week
10 6%
Once a week
13 8%
I don't work out
53 34%
Voters: 158.
Page 1 of 2
So UG, do you work out? If so, how often?
Last edited by eyebanez333 at Mar 5, 2009,
Once a week because school make me.
Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I got a packet of Love Hearts when I was six and every one said 'You Have a Tiny Penis'

SuperLol'd
I walk for 2 hours 5 days a week and then alternate other cardio Mon, Wed and Fri afternoons after a little rest.
Opie and Anthony Fan
XM 202 | SIRIUS 197
Linger Longer
I don't work out but am still a lot fitter and healthier than my buddies that do...
Quote by Monolith295
Tobysaurus is one sexy man.

Quote by Kensai
I think I love you Tobysaurus!

Quote by CFH82
God damn, you've given me a boner Toby!
When i have hockey i suppose it counts as workout?

Made by 'The Sloganizer' ----> «The Pit - be prepared.»

Quote by imdeth

"Billy eat your broccolli!"

"Screw you mom!" *raises arms*

PHEAR MA TURRETS!!
3 times a week, ride my bike for an hour each day to and from work and to the gym.
I SHOULD work out, but I don't. I used to lift a weight every day but then I lost ambition for that too.
Quote by slayaplaya
Every day...

just do as many push-ups as I can before I go to bed... for the lulz.

EDIT: And I walk my dog when I have time

better do 'em in the morning. that way you use your arms all day and you up the effect a little. doing them before you go to bed is the smartest idea, but there are different schools of thought on this.
Quote by xl999
better do 'em in the morning. that way you use your arms all day and you up the effect a little. doing them before you go to bed is the smartest idea, but there are different schools of thought on this.

Doing it in the morning gets straight to burning fat. I think.
Opie and Anthony Fan
XM 202 | SIRIUS 197
Linger Longer
4 times a week

Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus-Top, SH-2 and SH-5
Ibanez GRX20
Baron Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 112
Roland Cube 15
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Boss PH-3 Phase Shifter
Boss BF-3 Flanger
about 5 days a week
Running away from this earth.
May it pass away in the beautiful flames that it was created for.
Because when tomorrow fails to come,
today is just not the same.
Inflamed earth.
Roses.
In this hope.
For all i care set it all ablaze.

I cycle everywhere I go in the local area ('cus a car would use up all the money I put into buying overpriced monstrosity-pedals like my GT-10!) and Everyday I use two power-balls (hehe...) simultaneously before I play guitar - It's the ultimate shred workout and it's slowly making my arms look a lot less girl-like.
Gear;
- B.C. Rich Warbeast Bloodbound
- B.C. Rich NT Zombie 5-String Bass
- BOSS GT-10 Multi Effects TANK!
...In other words, I'm taking a giant dump on fender owners who use pods.
Usually 3 days a week. I've started playing Badminton again once a week. I also go for a run about 3 times over a 2 week period.
404: Sig not found.
never
Gear:
Gibson Explorer, Wine red Natural finish
Hughes and Kettner Vortex Black series, Half stack
Peavey Stereo Chorus 400
Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff
Quote by slayaplaya

Ok... sometimes I do them before I shower too... thought you might like to know...

better do 'em in the shower. no wait, thats bull.

seriously, working out early in the day grosses the highest result. don't exercise right before going to bed because you produce endorpines and they could keep you awake.
three times a week i lift heavy and i also run track
...this is the last line of my post
4 days a week through school.

i lost like 5 pounds and actually look semi muscular now.
Basketball 2 times a week and cycling whenever I feel like it in the summer. I usually gain weight in the winter.
Quote by slayaplaya
hmmm... now I know why I take so long to fall asleep

haha, this thread has given me some useful information!!

you're welcome.

if you have any other questions, hit me up.
Quote by slayaplaya
ok...

Why does the penis get hard?

no but seriously, thanks for helping out!

Becuase you're a homo

Ba-dum...tish
Opie and Anthony Fan
XM 202 | SIRIUS 197
Linger Longer
Quote by slayaplaya
ok...

Why does the penis get hard?

no but seriously, thanks for helping out!

THE penis? You mean there is a one penis to rule them all?
I go to the local gym twice a week, but I usually go running every now and then, when I feel like it.
Twice/Thrice a week, if I can. Sometimes only once a week.

I want to get going on some HIIT, bump up my fitness a bit.
Now 100% humour free, in accordance with the rules.

.fm
.wordpress
Quote by xl999
THE penis? You mean there is a one penis to rule them all?

There can be only one
Quote by slayaplaya

EDIT: ^

^
Yes... But it is protected by crab-like creatures that will kill you INSTANTLY!

What the hell am I talking about?

your penis is protected by crabs? theyre not protecting man, its a VD. go see a doctor.
Quote by xl999
better do 'em in the shower. no wait, thats bull.

seriously, working out early in the day grosses the highest result. don't exercise right before going to bed because you produce endorpines and they could keep you awake.

Grosses the highest result for what? All depends what you want to do. If you want to lose weight and be fit then probably yes, as your energy reserves have been used up during sleep when you wake up and exercise you will be more likely to get into that fat burning zone, which if i can remember from school is I think 30-40% of your max heart rate. What that means is if you work at about 30% of your maximum effort you are more likely to burn fat, working at that rate is known as aerobic exercise where (again if my memory serves me) oxygen is used to burn carbohydrate (and once that is used up, fat) stores.

The alternative is to work from 70% and up of your maximum effort which is known as anaerobic, what this means is your body uses up oxygen faster than it can get it in through breathing. Your body dips into it's more immediate stores of energy called adenosine tri-phosphate (ATP) and glycogen. Once these stores are used up then the muscle fibres themselves start to break down. Why it is important after training hard to eat something straight away, or take some kind of protein supplement during exercise.

Oh and I used to weight train 4 times a week and play rugby 3 times a week, intense aerobic and anaerobic work.
like i said above: '...but there are different schools of thought on this....'

and i find too many fitness freak people throw a whole lot of information with difficult words like glycogen and anaerobic at kids who are just trying to put on a little muscle.

keep it simple so he stays motivated.

thanks though. interesting stuff.
Last edited by xl999 at Mar 5, 2009,
So opinions on:

Harder work for shorter periods OR
Less work for extended periods

Which is best for fat burn? I find that long periods of moderate work the best, I'm losing 2lbs a week through this (1lbs through excersie and 1lbs through dieting).
Opie and Anthony Fan
XM 202 | SIRIUS 197
Linger Longer
Every other day, first thing in the morning, 3 sets of 20 reps of push ups, 3 sets of 50 crunches, 2 sets of 20 dips, 3 sets of 30 pull-ups, and throughout various part of the day work my forearms with a hand-gripper.
3-4 times per week depending on how many gigs I have to play.
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
Harder work for shorter periods will work on muscle mass.
Less work for extended periods will favour definition more.
I play 6 days a week of organised basketball + about an hour a day. I also do 4 hours of volleyball a week at school and go for the occasional run or bike ride.

Once I got fit, I just loved the feeling and wanted to continue to improve.
Gear:
Orange tiny terror
ENGL 2x12 cab
PRS Singlecut
MXR GT OD
I work out when my girlfiend is at my place.

We like to take a walk in the park together...
twice a week for rugby now
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"
Quote by howey
Harder work for shorter periods will work on muscle mass.
Less work for extended periods will favour definition more.
I play 6 days a week of organised basketball + about an hour a day. I also do 4 hours of volleyball a week at school and go for the occasional run or bike ride.

Once I got fit, I just loved the feeling and wanted to continue to improve.

I couldn't agree more.
Quote by xl999
like i said above: '...but there are different schools of thought on this....'

and i find too many fitness freak people throw a whole lot of information with difficult words like glycogen and anaerobic at kids who are just trying to put on a little muscle.

keep it simple so he stays motivated.

thanks though. interesting stuff.

well i favour giving info where info is required, slightly more useful than giving a vague "if you work out you will get muscle" which is a little bit obvious. The problem is do some things wrong and you will not put any muscle on at all. I've lost count of how many times i've heard people ask about not putting on any muscle yet they work out. Things like waking up in the morning doing a lot of press ups and wondering why you aren't getting any bigger. You could do 500 pressups and not really notice anything while another guy does 500 and notices a big difference, in that case the diets would come into play.

So if you found it interesting but didn't understand what I said read up on it, it not as complicated as say, learning to play the guitar. Anyway yes I gave a detailed answer because i'm interested in the subject and like talking about it, is that a crime. Hopefully people find it interesting and read into it more.
I ride horses 3 days per week, about 45 minutes each session. I also teach lessons so i'm running around following runaway horses.
I also go to the gym as often as possible, though lately i've been slacking =(
What you cannot escape, you must fight; what you cannot fight, you must endure.
Page 1 of 2