Hey i know this could be in the wrong place completl'y but im having trouble and google is cack...

I have a Yahmaha DD65 Electronic drum set, they are amazing fun but i cant record for **** without having a MIDI cable or somthing... if i record with a mic the sound of me hitting hitting the rubber pad is rubbish and iv looked around a little bit and it seems im gonna need a midi cable (WHICH COSTS 29 QUID?!?! my god!!) and some sort of drum software like "EZdrummer" just so i can record?? all i really wanna do is record what the kits allready got on it straight into my recording software... any tips and help on this sort of matter would be great thanks.
I'm not sure if this works as i'm neither a recorder or a drummer, but couldnt you just mic your speakers? Guitarists mic their amps to record, rather than plugging straight into something.
Ibanez Xiphos XPT700
Laney VH100R
Epi Les Paul (SH-1 '59 neck, SH-11 custom custom bridge)
Can't you just run a cable from the headphone jack to the input on your recording device? Just use a splitter if you need to be able to hear what you're playing.
The setup:
Fender MIM Fat Strat (midnight wine)
Fender Blues DeVille 410
Digitech GNX3 Multi-effect
Fender CD140SCE Acoustic-Electric
Quote by pr0pedestrian
Can't you just run a cable from the headphone jack to the input on your recording device? Just use a splitter if you need to be able to hear what you're playing.

good point, ill try that in a minute i think i have a spare cable some were O_O thanks for your enlightnement!!!