Only time ive ever played on a set of P90's was when i lived with my mate and he had some 60's made Framus with these pups in. Anyhow, i wanna know if anyone knows any pro's that use P90's for metal/hardcore or anyone here use em?
The one legged chickens from outer space made me do it!
no. i guess everything would sound kinda muddy.
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
Sunn O))) use P-90s. I dunno, I always thought that Mastodon used a P-90-equipped guitar on a couple of songs, I must be wrong though.
Metal with p90s, I know Iommi used em for a time. But hardcore or death metal would really be pushing it for p90s.
How about EMG P81s
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
"I will close my ears and my heart and I will be a stone"
P90s can do it, but they don't sound like humbuckers... they have a pretty distinct tonal character.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Quote by Serjem
no. i guess everything would sound kinda muddy.

If they were bad p-90's maybe.
Metal tone is mostly in the amp. P90s have the clarity and the tonal girth, so why not? A little bit of single coil articulation wouldn't go ammiss at all in a high gain situation.
I have considered the P81's

I'd just be pretty bummed if i put a set in my columbus over lets say a Seymour Duncan Blackout and they sounded gash. Do they respond like humbuckers in respect to say the output etc. Do they give off tasty pinches?
The one legged chickens from outer space made me do it!
P90's are great for sludge/stoner/doom metal due to the middy-ness of them. Might not be the best choice for metal/hardcore though.
Edwards Les Paul Custom
Burny SG Junior
DIY Telecaster
Keeley RAT 2
Marshall JCM 800 4104
Quote by Maggot4eva
...Do they respond like humbuckers in respect to say the output etc...
I know I'm late in responding but the P81 is an 81 in a P90 housing.
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
"I will close my ears and my heart and I will be a stone"
If I can play metal on Fender single coils(Which I can. Really should upload a better clip), you can do it on a P-90. Also this;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvKjGnApeZE
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
Why wouldn't you be able to? Other pickups might sound better, depending on what type of tone you want, but it's definitely possible.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ARCHITECT σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

drone/doom/post-metal: http://theygrieve.bandcamp.com