Poll: Would you brutally murder someone for this piece of art?
Poll Options
View poll results: Would you brutally murder someone for this piece of art?
**** YES!
23 51%
ehh idk
22 49%
Voters: 45.
Who here would kill for a PRS Hollowbody II? I just saw one at my local guitar center, it was behind a glass wall for like 5000 dollars, i asked to play it buy the only guy who'se ever played it came in with cash in hand, but ended up not getting it. It was freaking beautiful...who would kill for one?
Gear:
2000 Paul Reed Smith CE-24
ESP EC-1000 w/ Seymour Duncans
Ceriatone 18 Watt TMB Plexi 1x12
Peavey 5150 2x12 Combo
Ugly as **** IMO.

The f-holes just don't suit it whatsoever.
Epiphone Elitist SG (Serious)
Tokai Silver Star
Epiphone Dot
Epiphone Les Paul
Washburn J28SCEDL
Washburn J12S

G.A.S List

JCM600 (Yes a 600..)
I think PRS guitars are too much eye candy really. sure they are nice to play, too, but they look so shiny and glamourous that they make me not want to play them in case i scratch them. It's the reason i don't own even a PRS SE (although for a while i did have GAS for the HSS EG model, which is more of a "players" guitar, with the simple black on black look)
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
that hollowbody finish on the pic up a few posts is kinda meh...

im talking bout one of these babys.
Gear:
2000 Paul Reed Smith CE-24
ESP EC-1000 w/ Seymour Duncans
Ceriatone 18 Watt TMB Plexi 1x12
Peavey 5150 2x12 Combo
prs+hollowbody?
i would most deffinately kill for that.
Quote by illuminatiano
do not go on guitar forums

there are drugs there

( and ololol there are )
Quote by Blompcube
I think PRS guitars are too much eye candy really. sure they are nice to play, too, but they look so shiny and glamourous that they make me not want to play them in case i scratch them. It's the reason i don't own even a PRS SE (although for a while i did have GAS for the HSS EG model, which is more of a "players" guitar, with the simple black on black look)

They don't scratch that easily, although a friend of mine recently bought one and managed to stab the top with a screw driver within days...

Quote by EndTheRapture51
That finish is garish and disgusting.

You say garish like it's a bad thing
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Last edited by Bonsaischaap at Mar 5, 2009,
I have the Spruce top in Tobacco sunburst...it goes from warm jazz to overdrive beast in no time flat. Not to mention it is gorgeous..but to each his own.
I wish I would have not gotten the piezo system and saved some dollars...the acoustic sound sucks.
'06 PRS McCarty Hollowbody Spruce
'66 Fender Tele
Nomad 55 Boogie
Wtf is with all the PRS hate in this thread?
WTF can you possibly hate about PRS besides the price!? o_o
Impeccable build quality, rock solid specs, superb components, beautiful designs, finishes and timbers... and the limited editions/private stocks... yum.
Not a big fan of the doublecut hollowbody though; semi-hollows need to be bigger if they're going to have any of that nice open resonance. Small ones just sound thin to me, but then again I've never tried a PRS hollowbody DC.
Quote by maiden_mexico
that hollowbody finish on the pic up a few posts is kinda meh...

im talking bout one of these babys.

Holy ****.. that is gorgeous.. what finish is that?!
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
I would for a SC250 10 top birds and a denim quilt with a solid rosewood neck.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by MESAexplorer
I would for a SC250 10 top birds and a denim quilt with a solid rosewood neck.

250s are a bit too modern for their format and vibe IMO, and I'm not a fan of the Denim finish but you know. Solid Rosewood necks are kickass.
My personal holy grail PRS is a McCarty Korina with 1957/2008 pickups (which are meant to be the best PAF copies ever wound according to all accounts), which they unfortunately don't make. I'd have to settle for a McCarty Korina and a 1957/2008 Singlecut (or maybe a Modern Eagle II, but I'd doubt the authenticity of the PAF pickups in the doublecut format), which wouldn't be too bad
Quote by Rock Pig
250s are a bit too modern for their format and vibe IMO, and I'm not a fan of the Denim finish but you know. Solid Rosewood necks are kickass.
My personal holy grail PRS is a McCarty Korina with 1957/2008 pickups (which are meant to be the best PAF copies ever wound according to all accounts), which they unfortunately don't make. I'd have to settle for a McCarty Korina and a 1957/2008 Singlecut (or maybe a Modern Eagle II, but I'd doubt the authenticity of the PAF pickups in the doublecut format), which wouldn't be too bad

If I were to get one it would be because it kicks Gibson's ass so hard. No comparison at all between a PRS with those specs and a Gibson USA Custom Shop.

There are other colors that I like instead of denim, however, i've never seen a color show the quilt as well in person.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Hitler's got nothing on me if a PRS sc250 with a trem in McCarty Burst is at stake.
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat