Page 1 of 2
Good afternoon, pit

I've had a sore throat for the past 2 days and it's really bugging me since I don't know what's caused it. Now, I don't take pills or medication for the reason that I can't swallow pills easily and if I do it usually makes me hurl. So my question to you, my fellow pit dwellers, is what are you tried and proven cures for a sore throat?

Before google is mentioned, I don't want random stuff that I've got no evidence of working - hence why I put tried and proven.
Quote by GodofGuitar1991
you are a real guitarist when you are not ashamed about masturbating to musicians friend magazine.
Boil Spices and drink them in hot water with lemon juice.
It helps alot.
Quote by Cobain_is_king

Seth: 1
A7X: 0
Get a big tub of your favorite ice cream. It helps any symptom. I'm really serious, you'll be surprised.

EDIT: Lmao @ above post.
We're only strays.
Quote by angusfan16
Drink a lot of sprite and 7Up. It helped me a lot.

The opposite is true for me.

I avoid fizzy or acidic drinks.

Lots of milk/water and throat sweets.
Now 100% humour free, in accordance with the rules.

.fm
.wordpress
Quote by Fleabag
The opposite is true for me.

I avoid fizzy or acidic drinks.

Lots of milk/water and throat sweets.

Really? When i drank milk, it would only make it worse, and if i drank too much i would puke. Guess i'm just weird.
Sail upon the open skies
Last edited by angusfan16 at Mar 5, 2009,
Tea and lots of it.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
You need some Uncle Jackal's tuball lotion.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Eat honey with the well I don't know the name in English. That thing where bees live. You can buy it at any drugstore. The honey is amazing, and that bees house is really tasty.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Male genitals
This is my sig, isn't it

AWESOME?

[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']I never understood Christianity.

A religion that is essentially based on stories about an invisible man that made the universe and a magic zombie that could walk on water and got nailed to a cross.
Shot of whiskey
Quote by Yakult
If I get a boner I generally pass out due to the massive amount of blood having to be redirected from my brain

Quote by DubStar92
I like to video record myself when I'm drunk. It's like a mini-movie. I love fapping to the sex scene.
Quote by urik
Eat honey with the well I don't know the name in English. That thing where bees live. You can buy it at any drugstore. The honey is amazing, and that bees house is really tasty.

Honey WITH the honey comb. My parents get that often (they sell honey). The honey comb is pretty boring IMO, it's just like tasteless, honey soaked wax.
We're only strays.
If you have a scratchy throat then eat some dry burnt toast. But if you can't swallow pills it maybe isn't the best of ideas.
Hot water with honey and lemon is a tried a tested guaranteed cure in my household, but I've heard that the same with sage also works really well.
Musically ignorant. Seeking education.

Am female. Finally have bass!

As cunning as a fox who has just been made professor of cunning at Oxford university.

Muse = genius.
Lucozade - the cure to all illnesses in the British Isles. Why do you think so many died in the Spansh Flu outbreak in 1919? We hadn't invented Lucozade to overcome it.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Gargle a spoonful of Cayenne Pepper in water every 15 mins till sore throat goes, or eat a spoonful of Manuka Honey.
TRANSFORMICE

some "booty sweat" would clear it right up, its a cure-all!

e-cookie for ref
Hi I'm
Mr. JimBo R. Insane
You can't cure a sore throat; all of these remedies will be temporary. That being said, if you're going to choose a remedy to repeat over and over, a hot cup of tea is going to be the most pleasant.
Quote by mrjimborinsane
some "booty sweat" would clear it right up, its a cure-all!

e-cookie for ref

Tropic Thunder.

OP, I have a slight tingle in my throat too and Stepsils and Tea along with Milk usually help me out. It's always worst in the mornings though.
Quote by angusfan16
Drink a lot of sprite and 7Up. It helped me a lot.

Doesn't sprite, chicken soup and some other thing cure SARS?

I'd go with sprite, chicken soup, and that other thing, I don't care what it is.

Or, you could make yourself a nice honey and lemon, either freshly made, or with a sachet, I think you can get Winnie-the-Pooh ones.
Quote by angusfan16
Really? When i drank milk, it would only make it worse, and if i drank too much i would puke. Guess i'm just weird.

No your not weird, well you might be, but milk ****s your throat up, so milk doesn't help.
teaspoon of honey always helps me
Stanford.U.

7wholegrainsonamission

Not because of who I am
But because of what you've done.
Not because of what I've done
But because of who you are
Page 1 of 2