Yep, I know what your going to say. 'What styles do you play' 'Get a new amp first'

My mum is buying me an effects pedal for my birthday, 100 pound limit, and I have no clue what to get. Can't get a new amp, because they are too expensive. And I play nearly every style of music, so like, i need something that can do alot for me. any ideas??
Gear

Fender Lite Ash Tele

Satellite 65/T

Yamaha RBX375
a multi-effects pedal!

A digitech RP150 or RP200, or a second hand Boss ME30 (don't get a ME20, as they aren't very good)
What effects arn't you happy with on the Spider? Id be looking at a really nice phase, chorus or reverb personally.
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso
I wouldn't bother getting a pedal at all to be honest. Theres no point in getting something just because you can and never using it.

If you plan on upgrading your amp in future though, maybe think about getting a nice single effect pedal like a chorus or reverb, something that could be useful no matter what genre you end up playing.
Snake has a great point when it comes tosingle pedals dont get a multi effects setup as all the effects will be compromises and sound vastly inferior to a single pedal.

Personally I think your parents rock just for giving the opportunity to decide what pedal to go for. Mine didn't and i ended up with some real crap when i was dependant on them for gear.

Im sure you could get somthing quite boutiquey(is this a word!?!) for that money.

Soundsgreat have a good selection of non mainstream brands,. You do need to get out and try some stuff though.
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso
Yeah tbh running pedals through a spider or any modelling amp doesn't really work that well imo.
Why would you want a pedal with a spider? It has all the effects on it and getting better effects pedals won't really help it. Theres simply no reason. I'd maybe spend it on a rack tuner or a tuner pedal. Maybe a new pickup for the guitar if you have muddy pickups. New pickups won't help with the overall tone on an amp like that but could clear up the notes and get you better harmonics.