Eh, the 60s were still early days for the guitar. Fender still get away with mixing up "vibrato" and "tremolo" to the extent that we now commonly refer to a vibrato bar as a trem, so cut him some slack.
There was some great playing in that vid. Clapton before he became incredibly boring.
I'm not knocking clapton!

Just thought it was funny.
Epiphone Elitist SG (Serious)
Tokai Silver Star
Epiphone Dot
Epiphone Les Paul
Washburn J28SCEDL
Washburn J12S

G.A.S List

JCM600 (Yes a 600..)
regardless of whether he knew what bass and treble were, he's still got a nice tone

it honestly really doesn't matter what kind of crap guitarists say about their tone as long as the sound that comes out of their guitar is good.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.

Nice find - I never noticed he said that!
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Quote by Bravo86
Wish that could be viewed in the states

it's just a kinda boring interview with eric clapton talking about what a wah pedal does and what the vol/tone controls on his guitar do. he just says that the tone knobs roll off bass, probably by mistake. although there's some good playing, too.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

Quote by willieturnip
I'm not knocking clapton!

Just thought it was funny.

Yeah, I wasn't whining or anything. Clearly he got quite, erm, mixed up.
Then again...
He IS God.
Or rather, was.
Quote by Rock Pig
Yeah, I wasn't whining or anything. Clearly he got quite, erm, mixed up.
Then again...
He IS God.
Or rather, was.

wasn't he an absolute crackhead at the time the video was filmed? i heard he had some serious drug problems in the mid/late '60s (along with everyone else!)

I think he is baked in this video. Or nervous to be on camera in such a candid and frontal manner?
Quote by thewhorock
*this video is not available in your country*

sweet...

Yep, same here
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix
Quote by Blompcube
wasn't he an absolute crackhead at the time the video was filmed? i heard he had some serious drug problems in the mid/late '60s (along with everyone else!)
Pretty much. Even despite what other things he was taking, you'll notice the recently lit spliff stuck to the headstock of his guitar.

I have the rest of that interview on DVD, along with the respective interviews with Jack Bruce and Ginger Baker. Ginger Baker in particular is clearly completely off his head. He still manages to play like a mother****er but he can't complete a coherent sentence.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by MrFlibble
Pretty much. Even despite what other things he was taking, you'll notice the recently lit spliff stuck to the headstock of his guitar.

I have the rest of that interview on DVD, along with the respective interviews with Jack Bruce and Ginger Baker. Ginger Baker in particular is clearly completely off his head. He still manages to play like a mother****er but he can't complete a coherent sentence.

What's this DVD?
And for someone who's high Clapton seemed pretty coherent there.
^the farewell concert DVD, it has the farewell.

just search up Eric Clapton Guitar Skills on youtube, and youlll find it
There are two videos I thought this was. Either Crossroads at the Cream farewell concert, or that video with him with the Fool SG in an interview.

If it was Crossroads; It was only a slight bit, and after that he make sup for it with the second solo. Plus he can get away with it since in the early 1970's, if I'm right, Ritchie Blackmore's Marshalls would short out on him(though he modded them to add I think 50, or maybe it was 100? Either way he added some wattage onto it, so that's likely to blame). Even today amps still screw up. I applaud him for not doing what many modern guitarists would've done(stop playing) and kept going.

If it was the interview thing; I haven't watched it in too long and it's not available in America now(D=), so no comment.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0