I'm looking for a new guitar. At the moment i'm just playing a yamaha pacifica and want a big improvment. My budget can go no more than £600 (about $850 i think).

I would like a flloyd rose (or replica) prefrably and a versatile sound. So good for metal and rock but a really nice clean tone.

I love the trans colours and am looking at Jackson KE3/ Dinky DK2/ Dinky DK2S at the moment.

Any suggestions?
jacksons are pretty good for the money, but it really depends on what style of music you play. you might want to also look at schecters because they make good guitars in that price range as well.

ps id go with the dinky dks2 out of the three
Stay thirsty my friends...

Jackson DXMG Dinky
Bugera 333XL
ISP Decimator

Quote by thewho68
This thread is as of much use as Anne Frank's drumset.
actually give ibanez a chance. they are good quality.
xpt 700
rg uhhhh in that price range lol.
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

Mesa Boogie Mark III blue dot Coliseum

Mesa Traditional 4x12 v30's x EVM 12l's

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
I would recommend the DK2M Dinky. It comes with Seymour Duncan JB in the bridge and a Jazz in the neck stock and a licensed Floyd Rose.
Neverender:SSTB 4/19

Goddamn this cursed iron fist. When I lose control!

[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']You, sir, win epically.
Sounds good. Does the sustainiac in the dk2s sound better than the normal STK-1?
Ibanez RG1570 if you can stretch your budget about $50 or so
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Quote by Joe_Crow
the xpt 700 is pretty cool but im not really keen on the star shape.

they definitely are awesome....
but if you like dinkys, i suggest an rg... RG1570 or.... a used prestige
edit: oh damn. beat
anyways, another thing i was gonna add was that i like the high fret access on dinky.... a lot less than that of the rg
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
Last edited by Holy-Diver at Mar 5, 2009,
Quote by Magnificoamar
Please go check out a KH-202, Amazing guitar for around the 500~600 dollar mark.

gtfo

personally, i'd get an ibanez prestige RG at that price, you should be able to get a 1570, if not even a 2570, with £600. those jacksons aren't bad, but i prefer the ibanezes (it is mainly preference, though), and the ibanez trem is a lot better than the jackson one. it also comes with a case. only problem is no trans colour.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
gtfo

personally, i'd get an ibanez prestige RG at that price, you should be able to get a 1570, if not even a 2570, with £600. those jacksons aren't bad, but i prefer the ibanezes (it is mainly preference, though), and the ibanez trem is a lot better than the jackson one. it also comes with a case.

finally someone who agrees with me
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
gtfo

personally, i'd get an ibanez prestige RG at that price, you should be able to get a 1570, if not even a 2570, with £600. those jacksons aren't bad, but i prefer the ibanezes (it is mainly preference, though), and the ibanez trem is a lot better than the jackson one. it also comes with a case. only problem is no trans colour.

Basically what I said but without the explanation
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Valveking 112
Cornflake Box guitar. Win.
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Yamaha Pacifica 112v
Epiphone G-400
Cheap acoustic

Roland Cube 30X
USA Big Muff PI
Dunlop Crybaby Wah GCB-95
I had the exact problem you have now, I had a Pacifica and REALLY needed a new guitar, I settled for a KH 202 Custom from my guitar teacher, for £600. BARGAIN!
Quote by Lethal Dosage
Basically what I said but without the explanation

im pretty sure three people (all frequent posters) just agreed. that is a rarity. you now know what you must do..... go
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
900 pounds? also, look used and rg1570
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
Quote by Joe_Crow
Lol. The rg2570 is nearly 900 in the uk.

I believe you meant RG1570? Could be wrong here though. SomebodySomeone has one for sale in gear ads here's the link https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1062252&page=4. Good guy I recommend buying from him.

EDIT: The RG1570 I mean
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Valveking 112
Last edited by Lethal Dosage at Mar 5, 2009,
Quote by Lethal Dosage
Ibanez RG1570 if you can stretch your budget about $50 or so

+1
Quote by CrazyJet
I had the exact problem you have now, I had a Pacifica and REALLY needed a new guitar, I settled for a KH 202 Custom from my guitar teacher, for £600. BARGAIN!

you got robbed http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/kh-202/13081

and £900 for the 2570? jeez, that's an awful lot more than they used to be i guess that's the falling pound.

Just checked GAK... and holy ****, those prices have gone up! you used to be able to get an RG1570 for £450 or so. personally, unless you're utterly desperate for a new guitar, I'd wait and see if prices fall a bit. those prices are verging on extortion, at least compared to the old ones.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
you got robbed http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/kh-202/13081

and £900 for the 2570? jeez, that's an awful lot more than they used to be i guess that's the falling pound.

Just checked GAK... and holy ****, those prices have gone up! you used to be able to get an RG1570 for £450 or so. personally, unless you're utterly desperate for a new guitar, I'd wait and see if prices fall a bit. those prices are verging on extortion, at least compared to the old ones.

pwned
do they really cost that much in the uk?
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
yeah, exactly. buy something made in the UK, lol.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?