hello...i just bought a digitech rp250 30 mins ago..and i read the manual..its my 1st pedal so....i connected the "input" as he says from pedal to guitar
and then got a short and thin(wire) cable connected it to the amp in mono...i dunno which channel should i work on...and when i try the drum loop it actually gives sound
but my guitar doesnt work...i dunno why it doesnt work..its like unplugged ors mthin
please help thanks alot
1. The cable from guitar>pedal and pedal>amp should be the same type, not thin/thick.
2. Clean Channel
3. make sure the volume knob on your guitar is truned up all the way, also try lowering the drum level, I found that on my Rp250 the drum level can be a bit too loud.
4. Once you're done lowering the drum volume, then turn the amplifier volume up and try.
Ibanez Saber Series Owner!

Don't jump on the bandwagon, Line 6 Spider III's Aren't that bad!

B.U.C.K.E.T.H.E.A.D.

Quote by kirkwannabe

You, goonerbynature, win teh internetz.

Quote by b4t3man

Gold.

Quote by whitenihilist

Your guitar should be in the "Input" socket, and get the amp in the "Right" socket, and try it again.
He has got everything plugged in the right places by the look of it, but maybe his drum machine volume is too high, thats what happens as the default.

B.U.C.K.E.T.H.E.A.D.

Quote by kirkwannabe

Quote by b4t3man

Gold.

Quote by whitenihilist

The expression pedal default function is usually volume. Make sure the pedal (toe) is pushed all the way down

You might have to calibrate the pedal. Check the manual.
Last edited by 667 at Mar 5, 2009,
well...input = pedal>guitar mono=Pedal>amp
when i turn the volume up to 8 the durm machine is so frickin low sounding and there's no guitar
i mean maybe from pedal to amp works but the input socket is fuxed yknow

and btw wire is thin from pedal to amp and thick from pedal to guitar
so what's my prob

thanks for answerin
Like 667 said, make sure the expression pedal is all the way down( like \, not like /), and also try playing once without the drum.

Play without the drum and turn up the volume on your amplifier. Also, it might help if you're telling us which amplifier you're using.

B.U.C.K.E.T.H.E.A.D.

Quote by kirkwannabe

Quote by b4t3man

Gold.

Quote by whitenihilist

Quote by 667
The expression pedal default function is usually volume. Make sure the pedal (toe) is pushed all the way down

You might have to calibrate the pedal. Check the manual.

i pushed that foot thing all the way down

but i dunno what does calibrate mean tbh
Make sure the button for Mixer/Amp is correct for amp.

What do you mean the 'wire from pedal to amp is thin'? It should be an instrument cable just like the one you have in your guitar.

Yes on calibrating exp pedal.

Also, try a factory reset.

Download the manual if you have not already and download XEdit so you can connect pedal to PC via USB. Much easier to work with parameters that way.
Well, like I sad earlier, just try it without the drum first, with amplifier volume all the way up. Also make sure the level of the pedal is high.

B.U.C.K.E.T.H.E.A.D.

Quote by kirkwannabe

Quote by b4t3man

Gold.

Quote by whitenihilist

i tried everything gooner said...but what 311ZOSOVHJH seems like a bit of work and i dont want to mess around with it...i mean wtf its physics guys i dunno why doesnt it work
to me it seems like the fu***ng "input" socket is fuc***

any other suggestions
thanks alot
Quote by BBoyBlaZe
i pushed that foot thing all the way down

but i dunno what does calibrate mean tbh

Calibration sets the expression pedal's usable up/down travel and toe down (wah-on) switch sensitivity.

Do what 311 said... get the manual... it explains everything. Do a factory reset and calibration. Also, go to Digitech's website and get the latest firmware for it.
Last edited by 667 at Mar 5, 2009,
Quote by BBoyBlaZe
i tried everything gooner said...but what 311ZOSOVHJH seems like a bit of work and i dont want to mess around with it...i mean wtf its physics guys i dunno why doesnt it work
to me it seems like the fu***ng "input" socket is fuc***

any other suggestions
thanks alot

Plug the guitar staight into the amp and rule out the cable and the guitar as the problem.
Take it to the guitar shop you bought it from, they would be able to help you, or issue you a new one if this one isn't working.

Hope it works out for you mate!

B.U.C.K.E.T.H.E.A.D.

Quote by kirkwannabe

Quote by b4t3man

Gold.

Quote by whitenihilist