Hey guys, I'm new to this site and very fairly new to bass guitar.

I was wondering about that Bass Secrets program thing, has anyone here used it or know someone that has? I've found very little information about it that was not on their website, which usually tells me that people don't care much for it.

Is it good? Is it pure rubbish? Anyone know about it? Thank you
Generally I've found the only "secret" to learning any musical instrument is hours upon hours practicing, and there is virtually no way around that. If you don't know how or what to practice, it may be good, but I'm sure you can find equally well if not better constructed programs on this website for free.
It's definitely the How and What to practicing that's got me. I'm burning for some form of direction because it's a bit hard for me to get started properly on my own.

Edit: I'll check out what's on the site. I found something that looks like it's for beginners here
Looks relevant and accurate. Good luck. Also, you're going to want to learn your scales, if you don't know them already. There are dozens of them, but major, minor and especially blues (also called pentatonic) are the ones you'll likely find immediately useful.
Yes the "blue note" is the #4 or the flatted 5th. In very traditional blues this was achieved by bending the 4th note up a half tone.
Quote by DerekC99
Generally I've found the only "secret" to learning any musical instrument is hours upon hours practicing, and there is virtually no way around that. If you don't know how or what to practice, it may be good, but I'm sure you can find equally well if not better constructed programs on this website for free.

This. There's no 'secret' out there that musicians haven't already known for ages. Practice often and learn the notes on your fretboard and your scales. That's the only 'secret' you need.
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play