I was wondering. Cos on GAK I see guitars that they price at say £360 and then when i contact my local dealer in that guitar I get told its something around £600. Is this GAK messing up their prices or is it just the dealer?
remember kids, you can't spell bass without ass

RIP Jimmy 'The Rev' Sullivan

Quote by _bacon_

Also, I would tap Helena Bonham Carter like a Van Halen solo.
its called the internets cheaper
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
Quote by rancidryan
its called the internets cheaper

yes I know the internet is usually cheaper. but its never cheaper by around £200 for new products unless you get lucky

Quote by _bacon_

240 £ difference whow! they have been reliable in the past for me.
Founder Of The "Jimmy Page Stole All Of My Potential Riffs" Club PM To Join!.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Meh, I usually just buy them off the local shaman, unless I'm in the wilderness, where I rely on raw meat to raise my HP.
Well GAK IS pretty awesome.

I trust them 99%, so I'd just go with it. =3
Jackson KVX10
Epiphone EB-3

Bugera 6260
Laney Supergroup Mk 1
Marshall VS100RH
Laney LX412A

Bad Monkey
Crybaby
Metal Muff
Fish N Chips
GAK are right now the biggest musica outlet in the UK. Their buying power is through the roof, so they can afford to knock huge amounts off regular physical store prices.

Also bear in mind that if you've rung a store up about a model, perhaps the store doesn't usually have that model of guitar in. They would have to order it in just for you, and that is more expensive.

The only other thing worth bearing in mind is GAK's service is pretty crap. I don't know a single person who's ever had an order go completely smoothly with them, and they are notorious for shipping broken or damaged goods when they didn't specify it would be broken/damaged. If you're saving hundreds upon hundreds with their prices then go for it, but if you ever find yourself choosing between buying something in a store or buying it on GAK for under £100 cheaper, don't bother with GAK and go to the store.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by MrFlibble

The only other thing worth bearing in mind is GAK's service is pretty crap. I don't know a single person who's ever had an order go completely smoothly with them.

Ahah, well.
You still don't.
Seriously. The service was awful. They delivered at the wrong time and everything. Good product though.
The prices are incredible, so you know. Chances are your product will be in perfect working order, so it's a good deal.
Quote by WARLOCK123
yes I know the internet is usually cheaper. but its never cheaper by around £200 for new products unless you get lucky

well i guess you got lucky lol

BUt yeh GAK is really good
Quote by roythereaper
Nice bum >.> <.<
the thing is you would expect the UK's biggest dealer to have half decent service

Quote by _bacon_

Quote by WARLOCK123
the thing is you would expect the UK's biggest dealer to have half decent service
I would never expect that. Bigger companies aren't going to pay such minute detail to every tiny order, and when you're making the sort of money they are they can handle dealing with replacements and whatever. They're already such a big site, a bit of bad press from a few posters on a couple of forums isn't going to change anything.

It's like why Microsoft are still making half their Xbox360s with the unreliable chipset and why Sony TVs are still being made with unstable power supplies. After a while a company can become so big it's easier for them to just take a "who gives a ****?" attitude towards service and quality since they'll keep raking in the millions anyway.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Really? I've ordered a case from GAK before, and it went completely fine.

I know a few people who have had ordered things from there to, and they didn't have any problems.
Jackson KVX10
Epiphone EB-3

Bugera 6260
Laney Supergroup Mk 1
Marshall VS100RH
Laney LX412A

Bad Monkey
Crybaby
Metal Muff
Fish N Chips
ive order quite a few things from them, and ive had no problems, however now i go to the local shop that matches the prices of gak!! good times
do their list prices include VAT? I only ask as a lot of other places have the pre vat price of some guitars i'm looking at as the same as the GAK listed price.

also would I have any trouble if I orderd from them in the next couple of months cos loads of people say they push back delivery dates after you have paid

Quote by _bacon_

I go my local guitar shop as you pay only slightly more than the GAK prices but get very good customer service and well setup guitars.
Quote by WARLOCK123
do their list prices include VAT? I only ask as a lot of other places have the pre vat price of some guitars i'm looking at as the same as the GAK listed price.

also would I have any trouble if I orderd from them in the next couple of months cos loads of people say they push back delivery dates after you have paid
Their prices include VAT.

As far as delivery goes, yes, that is the main complaint against them in fact. Whatever they original tell you will be the delivery date, add at least two days onto it, and that's if the product is even in stock. GAK doesn't take items off their site when they run out of stock so sometimes they'll quote you 2-3 days for delivery but they fail to mention that's only after they've spent a week and a half getting it back in themselves.

Never worry about giving a specific time of day for them to deliver at either, they'll say okay but will completely ignore it anyway. Ordered a pedal from them, when I was asked what time I wanted it delievered I said any time after 1pm. Well, 10am it arrives. I thought maybe it was just City Link being **** and not paying attention, but I asked the guy and he showed me, they hadn't been told what time to deliver.

Anyway, dv247 are usually cheaper than GAK now regardless.
Well gaks the daddy of internet guitars, but they're not the cheapest, i use it to see whats on offer, if i like, ill go somewhere else
Guitars gear
Fender Nashville Telecaster
Vox AD30 Valvetronix
Zoom 707 multi effects
Quote by MrFlibble

The only other thing worth bearing in mind is GAK's service is pretty crap. I don't know a single person who's ever had an order go completely smoothly with them

Meet the first person then. The only time I've ordered from there I got the guitar and amp in mint condition on time. The guitar was like £100 cheaper than in the shop if I remember correctly.
Quote by MrFlibble
Their prices include VAT.

As far as delivery goes, yes, that is the main complaint against them in fact. Whatever they original tell you will be the delivery date, add at least two days onto it, and that's if the product is even in stock. GAK doesn't take items off their site when they run out of stock so sometimes they'll quote you 2-3 days for delivery but they fail to mention that's only after they've spent a week and a half getting it back in themselves.

Never worry about giving a specific time of day for them to deliver at either, they'll say okay but will completely ignore it anyway. Ordered a pedal from them, when I was asked what time I wanted it delievered I said any time after 1pm. Well, 10am it arrives. I thought maybe it was just City Link being **** and not paying attention, but I asked the guy and he showed me, they hadn't been told what time to deliver.

Anyway, dv247 are usually cheaper than GAK now regardless.

thanks. Iv'e looked at dv247. their prices for the guitar I want are more than GAK's price. but they only have a couple on the site and they are the ones with more expensive paint jobs.

Quote by _bacon_

I've used GAK once and wont be bothering again.

I ordered some strings from them and was not happy with the service I received.

They charged me postage for each item ordered (£5 postage on 5 packs of strings), then posted them 2nd class post at a cost of 60p.

They also took the money off my card within a few minutes of placing order yet it took them 6 days to post the strings out.
Ive ordered a couple of things from them, and every thing went fine, their prices are good, and GAK is pretty reliable.
You have enemies? Good. That means
you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. -

Winston Churchill
Personally I have never ordered from them. But asking people what they think of a company is a bad idea. For every 10 orders that are successful, only 1 person will rave about them, but for every 10 orders that go bad, you can count on every one of those people to complain.
Quote by Icarus Lives
They're very reliable. I've bought sh#tloads of stuff from GAK. And when I ask the local shop he always has a much larger price. Don't forget to try www.thomann.de cus sometimes they're even cheaper.

Yeah, GAK have just raised prices on some stuff, while thormann has lowered on the same stuff.
Quote by grantjames
Personally I have never ordered from them. But asking people what they think of a company is a bad idea. For every 10 orders that are successful, only 1 person will rave about them, but for every 10 orders that go bad, you can count on every one of those people to complain.
In your example you're looking at a 50% satisfaction rate, regardless of how many people actually comment on their experience.

Would you really trust your money with a company that only got that **** right half the time?

I see what you're trying to get at but ultimately the point fails. No matter how many people may have a fine experience with a company, when there are so many people having bad experiences, you should be wise enough to not take the risk and shop elsewhere instead.