Poll: Laney AOR 100 or Marshall DSL 100
Poll Options
View poll results: Laney AOR 100 or Marshall DSL 100
Laney AOR 100
6 60%
Marshall DSL 100
4 40%
Voters: 10.
I have an opportunity to pick up one of these 2 amps. Which would you recommend. From what I read both have some reliability issues. The tone I am going for is pretty generic. I am looking for a G'N'R, Zeppelin, Aerosmith, Tesla, Gary Moore type sound. All answers are appreciated.
Normally I'd suggest the Laney but for your references the DSL will be much better.
Yeah I know nearly all of the artists listed are Marshall users. I am mainly looking for a backup to my JCM800 with a little different sound. The 800 is great but does not on it's own nail all the tones that I need.
The aor is basically a hot rodded jcm800. Considering you should be able to get one pretty damn cheap that's what I'd go for.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Ive gotta reccomend the DSL here, it has some lovely gain and still a crystal clear clean channel
My Gear

Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Marshall DSL 50 with 1960A
Yeah I am able to pick the AOR up for under $300, the DSL for about $700. Pretty big difference. Obviously I am going to try both before I buy, but was just wondering everybody else's opinions. Thanks for the responses so far. Keep em coming.