I already have a Pacifica (starter) and a ESP KH 202 custom but what I really want would be a Les paul shaped guitar. I'v seen epiphone but still a bit iffy on them. Except a Slash goldtop, if I could get my hands on one!

I know ESP's are very reliable, so I'v also been looking for EC- 1000. Anyone got one of those?
Or its a hell of alot of saving and buy a real Les paul! Are they definitly worth the money?
Any response welcome!
What kind of budget are we talking about here?
Quote by werty22
P0nx don't even play instruments. P0nx sold their instruments for booze money. And they sold their booze for heroin money.

Mesa Gear Fund- $350/ $2,000
Yeah the Agile has a good rep. Or there's Burny if you want a bit higher grade.
Gibson worth it? Not new, no. But you can find reasonable deals on used if you pick the right model. Then they are worth it 'cos they will only go up in value. Think of a good Gibbo as a pension fund.
SG's are far better priced than Les Pauls but you won't get that classic sound that P90's give to a nice LP.
Either model is best in a 1960's version unless you like playing on a tree trunk for a neck.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

I would say look at the Agile guitars, they're are going to get the best guitar for your money, unless you have thousands of dollars to spend and even then the high end Agile is going to be close.
You and I are mortal, but rock n roll will never die.
Budget... Um, well I'm in no hurry and have a regular income so anything below £1000, unless I go all out on a Les Paul. I don't need new and I don't mind a few knocks. Would Ebay be the best way to go?
Last edited by CrazyJet at Mar 6, 2009,
Quote by CrazyJet
Budget... Um, well I'm in no hurry and have a regular income so anything below £1000, unless I go all out on a Les Paul. I don't need new and I don't mind a few knocks. Would Ebay be the best way to go?

You should go for the real deal, then

http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-1957-GIBSON-LES-PAUL-GOLD-TOP-ELECTRIC-GUITAR_W0QQitemZ250301795004QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar?hash=item250301795004&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A3%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318
Bluegrass Rocks

CYNONYTE!

Quote by Basti95
People only come here to get sigged anyway

Quote by Basti95
Rats, I thought someone would sig it and make me famous...

it was going to be my big break

OK Some suggestions for LP's.
Vintage V100's http://www.jhs.co.uk/vintageelectric.html
Corts http://www.cort.co.kr/english/products/common/list.asp?series_id=36

Seriously they're great.
I played a £300 epiphone LP didnt like it.
I played a £239 Vintage LP and I liked it.
Tim.

You have entered the Twilight Zone
Beyond this world strange things are known
Use this key, unlock the door
See what your fate might have in store
Come explore your dreams' creation
Enter this world of imagination
I would look at giving something like the PRS SE Singlecut a play as it is decent enough guitar.