Page 1 of 2
Solid state, but don't avoid it because of that.

Avoid it because it is overpriced and sounds like ass.
Gear:
Ibanez S470DXQM
Laney GH50L - Laney GS212IE
Boss GE7
MXR Wylde OD
Boss DD2
Boss CE20
Walden G570
neither

it is its own kind of suck.
Guitars
Schecter Omen 6
Agile LP 2500
Kramer RR V
Amp
Peavey 6505
4x12 with Eminence Screamin' Eagles
Others
Mogami Cables
Korg DTR-1000
Furman M-8 Power Conditioner
MXR Smartgate
BBE Sonic Maximizer
My Band
www.myspace.com/gdbr
which MG are you talking about? the old, crappy one, or the new one with the huge MG logo, which is quite a lot better, but still overpriced for what it is.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by dylandtl
neither

it is its own kind of suck.

This is the right answer!
1992 Gibson Explorer (Seymour Duncan '59 neck, Custom Custom bridge)
Jackson King V Professional Std. (Seymour Duncan Invaders)
Mesa/Boogie Nomad 55
Mesa/Boogie 412 Recto. O/S Cabinet
Boss ME-50
MXR 10-Band EQ
Quote by Blompcube
which MG are you talking about? the old, crappy one, or the new one with the huge MG logo, which is quite a lot better, but still overpriced for what it is.

Yeah. Blomp is right.
I still wouldn't suggest getting it, just get a combo.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
solid state, and really not too great.
Ibanez S320 with Dimarzio Fred + Seymour Duncan 59-> Weeping Demon Wah -> Ibanez TS-7 -> Homemade iBoost x3 -> Keeley DS-1 -> Visual Sound H2O -> MXR Ten Band -> Traynor YCV20
It is a shit amp. That's all you need to know.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Quote by shadow__666
It is a shit amp. That's all you need to know.

come on man... ignorance leads to curiosity. then someone might buy one and regret it.

i'm not one to talk with my spider, but i've never regretted it. it's taught me more than any other amp could have under my circumstances.

i don't know but i think it's solid state.
BTW, this guy always abandons his threads. Never checks back.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by Alexicob
which marshall sould i get then id really like a half stack but my budget is only 1500

What are you playing? Genres, bands? Cmon man...
He's in Finland guys. The land of "give as little information as possible when creating threads".
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
i mostly play metal and hard rock i play bodom,metallica,acdc,anthrax,and iron maiden................ohh yeah pick on the finnish guy gregs.
I'd suggest...wait for it... NOT a marshal! They're overpriced anyway. 1500 Euros right?
EDIT: Here's a nice Combo... Look, stacks are unnecessary. http://www.thomann.de/gb/marshall_tsl122.htm Should do metal well enough. Still will be loud as snot though.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
Last edited by oneblackened at Mar 5, 2009,
The Marshall MG is my all time favorite amp. Need slash tones? You got it, right there. Zakk wylde tones? The overdrive is crushing. It has better cleans than even the vintage fenders and ampegs. Overall, it's probably the greatest amp ever made.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Alexicob
atcually euros arent used in finland dumbass.

GTFO. Maybe he didn't know. And if it wasn't for us, you'd have a marshall mg right now.

Btw, the marshall has the FDD switch, so you may want to look into that. It emulates true tube tone right at your fingertips!
Last edited by Lefty Guitarist at Mar 5, 2009,
Quote by Alexicob
atcually euros arent used in finland dumbass.

Wow, way to be a dick. How the hell would we know what you use? Maybe if you gave some INFO we'd know. Being a douche does not lend itself to being helped.
Quote by Alexicob
i mostly play metal and hard rock i play bodom,metallica,acdc,anthrax,and iron maiden................ohh yeah pick on the finnish guy gregs.

Well put some useful information in your posts Alex.

Anyone flaming the MG is full of it. It is a great amp for what you want to play.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Last edited by gregs1020 at Mar 5, 2009,
ok, i now see this thread deteriorating into a flamewar..

edit: actually i did not report, i don't feel it was necessary - it may recover from the crap.

further edit: \/ but not if you spam your own thread, like below.. hmm.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

Last edited by Blompcube at Mar 5, 2009,
Quote by Lefty Guitarist
THE MG? Well you'd want to get the biggest one.. http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Marshall-MG100HDFXMG412-Half-Stack-with-Digital-Effects?sku=482805 Amazing tube tone right there, and it includes digital effects.

wait, now we're trying to trick people into getting the MG?

No trick, it's a great amp, one of the best out there.
Last edited by bartdevil_metal at Mar 5, 2009,
well maybe gregs shouldnt make jokes............oh wait for it...ABOUT THINGS AND PLACES HE DOESNT KNOW. sphingctor
Quote by Alexicob

Dude, you make like 35467675664634454643 threads a day - you're in league with playerofguitar7, aren't you? If so, I don't recommend you eat anything before you want to jam - you might not be able to play so well.

Go ahead and buy the MG, but it's a waste of money.

EDIT: He wasn't really making fun of you... it's just that so many threads pop up without any information AT ALL, making it very hard to answer accurately and to the best of our knowledge. It just so happens you live in Finland... I don't know why that's relevant but he wasn't really poking fun.
Last edited by XxGibsonSGxX at Mar 5, 2009,
well bart daredevil in northern finland where i live we use quip but in helsinki and west of their they use euro. its like england with pounds
ok, now this thread has entered the realms of *reported* and i wonder why i even gave it a chance...

just let it die, it's a waste of space. also, if the question was "is it tube or solid state", well you've got your answer.

in short: Alexicob, don't buy an MG just because of the marshall logo. The old version is crap, and the new version is overpriced and not that great. Also, you're not gonna get any useful advice by calling people names via the internet, big and clever it may seem.

Last edited by Blompcube at Mar 5, 2009,
Yes, because we use pounds only in certain parts of England

Can you tell me how much 1500Quip is in Euros/Pounds/USD/Whatever?

EDIT: You know what, fuck you. Just take your shitty non-official currency and go get an MG. You'll love it, and if you don't, at least it'll weigh down the sled when you take it back to the shop.
Last edited by bartdevil_metal at Mar 5, 2009,
MG IS PERFECT FOR YOU, No other amp matches it above or below $1000 so buy now!

Reasons to buy:

1. Has true marshall tone, right out of the box. Yes, thats right kids, right out of the box, no distortion or overdrive pedal needed.

2. Great DIGITAL effects, that the pros use.

3. Sounds like a tube amp, because of the new FDD switch, which automatically makes your amp sound like a cranked Marshall JCM 800.

4. Can crank it, and it will still sound the same!

5. Won't break down on you!

6. Makes a great stereo speaker!

7. Is easy to use, and friendly, which means finding that perfect tone is only 1 knob turn away for good, vicious, crushing overdrive.

BUY TODAY!
This guy doesn't even know the current of his own country. Nuff said.
Ibanez RG1570
Laney VC15
Boss CH-1 MT-2 EQ-7 CS-3 NS-2
Guitar Rig 3 Kontrol
Quote by Lefty Guitarist

Reasons to buy:

1. Has true marshall tone, right out of the box. Yes, thats right kids, right out of the box, no distortion or overdrive pedal needed.

3. Sounds like a tube amp, because of the new FDD switch, which automatically makes your amp sound like a cranked Marshall JCM 800.

7. Is easy to use, and friendly, which means finding that perfect tone is only 1 knob turn away for good, vicious, crushing overdrive.

BUY TODAY!

1. No it doesn't.
2.useless digital effects, that no pro I've ever seen uses.
3.sounds nothing like a tube amp.
4.crank it, and the lower-mids get all boomy and you have to screw around with the "contour" (mids backwards) for like 20 mins.
5.My one DID break down on me.
6.running out of selling points.
7.fair enough, it is pretty easy to use.

sorry to flame, but yeah, dissapointing amps. Though I haven't heard the new ones?
WONGA!
Quote by StringAssassin
I would be angry too if there were turds on my head.
Quote by Lefty Guitarist

Reasons to buy:

BUY TODAY!

ok you're an employee for marshall, I know you are!
Page 1 of 2