Got a new LP copy and I'm having to adjust the tuning every 10 mins. Is this normal for a new guitar or new strings. I've checked that the tuning lugs are secure.

Any hints or tips???

Cheers
Stretch the strings when you put them on.

If you don't you'll always have that problem.

EDIT: I always pull the string up from the neck at the 12th fret and run up and down it from the bridge to nut (or as close as possible) - I do that a couple of times for each string, and it does the trick for me.
Last edited by mark_wuk at Mar 5, 2009,
It's pretty normal for new strings man you should probably strech them a bit.
Quote by SquierLolz
Guitar cables!
Now with 50% less cancer!
^ yay i'm sigged

stretch m like a mofo don't worry they won't break
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
As others have stated you should stretch them before putting them on they will still stretch a bit for a day or two afterward but then they will be fine.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Quote by mark_wuk
Stretch the strings when you put them on.

If you don't you'll always have that problem.

EDIT: I always pull the string up from the neck at the 12th fret and run up and down it from the bridge to nut (or as close as possible) - I do that a couple of times for each string, and it does the trick for me.

+1 you gotta tug them stings!
They should stretch by the time, it is normal for strings but not to happen quite a lot of time, it only happens to me like 3 or 4 times and then they keep in tune for a more than a week sometimes. Also, if it is a floyd rose guitar and you see the bridge isnt on a level position with the body you have to set the bridge to level it.
Gear:

-ESP/LTD M-100FM
-Yamaha Pacifica PAC012
-PBS 15Watts Amplifier
-Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah Pedal
-Monster 25ft. Cable
-Dunlop Tortex 1mm Picks
-Dunlop Strap (Heavy Duty)
- Ernie Ball 10-46
Another cause is putting strings on wrongly. Strings should be put on so that they lock onto the post, either by an actual knot or by trapping the string on the next time round the post.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x