Page 1 of 3
Is anyone good at playing while high? I've tried, and it was awful.
"In the midst of movement and chaos, keep stillness inside of you"

\m/

GEAR:
Ibanez XPT700
Ibanez S Series 7 String
Jacskson USA Soloist
Never tried, never will.
I like R&B Slow Jam & Funk songs best. Comment me if you likey.
Pretty much all music is good to me.
Haters gonna hate
K, koo.
SPORTING CLUBE DE PORTUGAL

"And the earth died screaming as I lay dreaming"
I can't play guitar for shit anyway but I can play Bass while high...
"We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations, but to our fellow men within the human community."
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
I'm more creative when I'm high...and yea I tend to concentrate a lot more too which makes me have less mistakes. Plus everything sounds a LOT better so it's a lot of fun.
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Everytime I try and get high I get nothing. On my first time, I did 2 big spliffs in the night and felt nothing..Then 2 big spliffs the following day and still nothing.. So I wouldn't know about playing high.
It's fun, regardless of how good you are or not.
Oh no he just divided by zero again...*gets sucked into vortex*

Originally Posted by Sirwinston89
whoa man this is turning into the Dream Theater appreciation thread!!! If only every thread kicked this much ass!

You're welcome
Quote by dandadog
Everytime I try and get high I get nothing. On my first time, I did 2 big spliffs in the night and felt nothing..Then 2 big spliffs the following day and still nothing.. So I wouldn't know about playing high.

Maybe you should have inhaled...
"We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations, but to our fellow men within the human community."
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
When I used to smoke and play everything sounded like Isis
It was awesome
ohai little sig.
Quote by dandadog

...You sure you know how to smoke?
Oh no he just divided by zero again...*gets sucked into vortex*

Originally Posted by Sirwinston89
whoa man this is turning into the Dream Theater appreciation thread!!! If only every thread kicked this much ass!

You're welcome
Haha i get it such a zone when i smoke and then play, i actually play a lot better, but tend to repeat things over and over again... And dandadog, the same thing happened to me when i started smoking it took 2 or 3 different times for me to get high. Try using a bowl or another kind of piece.
I actually seem to do better with my technique when under the effects of a good sativa. I feel more relaxed and play a bit cleaner (I record all my practice sessions and it's pretty obvous on the recordings). I also seeem to come up with more riffs. They are not all good mind you, but it seems my creative side comes out more.
LOL

you must suck at guitar... or life in general.

ive never done anything on the guitar sober.
know loads of chords and scales, all the modes of major...

being high is great.
Quote by King Twili
It's just me and Doris here ;_;

Quote by Zaphikh
Poops is the chat MC - but here we know him as Early Cuyler.

Free Downloads, Yo!
when I'm high even my marshall mg30 sounds like more than decent amp. i like it
Beer is fine.
I definately come up with weirder stuff when I'm stoned, dunno about my playing being any better though. The only time I've noticed I was playing better (and a lot weirder) was on an acid come down after a pretty long bad trip
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
when i would smoke and play i would just try random things. usually my friends thought i sounded better because all the notes just kind of flowed together. lots of slow flowing chords and picking, really relaxing stuff. I never could recreate it sober thuogh

can't play for **** when i'm drunk
Quote by Eminored
Hentai. It's a completely different world that will rip your eye-sockets and and skull-screw you with its tentacles.
Been there and done that. It might sound great to you but it really shouldn't be for public consumption. I had a mat I used to jam with at parties. He was best after a couple of spliffs which made things a bit odd when we played two guitar stuff.
Oh and a two hour version of Wooden Ships is NOT entertaining.
Playing on pills is a real nono. Far worse than on smoke. But the guitar makes some nice colours, man.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

I feel like I sound amazing, but afterwards I pretty much know that it was terrible

EDIT - Wizards, you're just dumb.
Cette nuit j'ai rêvé que je mâchais ses yeux
Après avoir crevé par accès de furie
Ta replète panse d'helminthes blancs nourrie,
Trop prompte à déféquer le fruit d'un vit sanieux.
Last edited by illuminatiano at Mar 5, 2009,
Quote by illuminatiano

EDIT - Wizards, you're just dumb.

Really? How do you figure? I believe in the mindset that you try things once or twice and if you don't like it, you don't do it again...
Quote by wizards?
pfft... If you have to get high to enjoy your playing it's not worth it. Never have, never will, I've got better things to do.

This is what I'm talking about. This is ignorant. Why do you assume that anyone has to be high to enjoy playing guitar ?
Cette nuit j'ai rêvé que je mâchais ses yeux
Après avoir crevé par accès de furie
Ta replète panse d'helminthes blancs nourrie,
Trop prompte à déféquer le fruit d'un vit sanieux.
Quote by dandadog

Your THC recievers (receptors) isn't developed yet. Or you smoke oregano.

Playing high is the bomb.
"Rational arguments don't usually work on religious people.. Otherwise, there would be no religious people."
Yeah pretty much whenever I'm high at my house I hit the guitar (or drums). It sounds cooler, I'm more creative, and it's a damn good time.

But if I'm like wiiiiiicked stoned, my playing sucks. Gotta hit the sweet spot.
Quote by illuminatiano
This is what I'm talking about. This is ignorant. Why do you assume that anyone has to be high to enjoy playing guitar ?

Well I didn't mean it about every time you play guitar, I meant that if you need to smoke a little to make it better than it already is, there's basically no point to that.
Quote by wizards?
Well I didn't mean it about every time you play guitar, I meant that if you need to smoke a little to make it better than it already is, there's basically no point to that.

No point? What about writing better and more creative music? Some people do in fact get more creative when high. If you think that's wrong then so be it, but I don't see how writing good music can possibly be a bad thing.
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
If its a crazy body high then no.

Otherwise I love it, waaay more creative
I want to work in revelations, not just spin silly tales for money.I want to fish as deep down as possible into my own subconscious in the belief that once that far down, everyone will understand because they are the same that far down.
It amuses me how 99% of all UG'ers do drugs. I need to try it out soon!
Guitarist and composer of the band SHADOWMIND. Check it out:

Bandcamp
Facebook
I play guitar high every day.

Like Tom Morello.
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
Quote by Early Cuyler
you must suck at guitar... or life in general.

ive never done anything on the guitar sober.
know loads of chords and scales, all the modes of major...

being high is great.

THIS is what makes people cool....

Small writing in the middle of big sig.

Page 1 of 3