All right i did what someone told me and fixed the old epi and it should be back in about 2 or 3 days.

What type of pups should i get for hard rock and punk i want something along these lines with a good lead tone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKYALsp-sIg

i was think duncan P-rails.

i dont really need anything to gainy so EMG's are out of the question they just taste so bad i dont think ive played any guitar with EMG's that ive liked.

I have a Classic 30 running trough a make shift Vox valvetronix speaker cab with a 70/80 and a CM-2 overdrive sounds damn good with a cheap chinese strat so i could only imagine what the epiphone will sound like, and with a pup upgrade it will be even better.

also while im on this I could call up the guitar tech and ask him to mod the pots, what pots do you guys recomend for a les paul style guitar.

EDIT:in case you dont know this EPI model features three humbuckers so yah.
Last edited by THEKID546 at Mar 5, 2009,
Doi yo uwant 3 new pickups, or do you just want to replace one?
If your only doing one the P-rails Is extremely versatile
If your doing all 3
Id reccomend
p-rails
JB
Jazz
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
im just planning on changin one out at a time.

i definately like the JB and Jazz combo ill tell you that really sick.

If anything what im ganna go for is, or my style perse is ganna be something like punk crosed with acid rock.
How about:
Bridge: JB
Middle: Jazz
Neck: Alnico II

Thats what I want in my Black Beauty (when I get it(Which could be a while(if at all))).

¦ Epiphone Sheraton II ¦ GFS Mean 90s ¦ Ampeg J-20 ¦
¦ Fulltone OCD ¦ MXR 6-Band EQ ¦ Behringer Chorus ¦ Artec Analog Delay ¦ EHX Holy Grail ¦
anyone have recommendations for the pots, what should i tell the guy to mod them with.

i think that will proby be cheaper.

and if anything ill probly take in my shecter and have em change out the JB and jazz in that one to put into the LP to have a completely moded epi.
nice guitar! i actually want some paf-style 'buckers for mine, the epi pu's are quite dull sounding. but yeah, i'm a big fan of the classic '57s, but i don't know what the SD or dimarzio equivalents are. gibson pu's are just too freakin' expensive!

edit: CTS pots are the way to go
main rig:
MIM Tele->VP Jr.->CryBaby->Fuzz Factory->TS808->Carbon Copy->Phase 90->TU-3->Vox AC30CCH+Avatar 212 and Peavey VTM60+Marshall 1960A

Quote by necrosis1193
Fuzz...It's wonderful and horrible and beautiful and repulsive and so many things all at once.
yah the pups My epi came with arent terrible, i just want something that will give me a better clean tone even tough i primarilly play OD type stuff, there damn decent pups and ive played worse on ibanezes and the newer chinese epis.
Last edited by THEKID546 at Mar 5, 2009,
yeah, they sound really thick and full with some good drive, which is great for leads and rhythm, but they lack some brilliance or sparkle clean
main rig:
MIM Tele->VP Jr.->CryBaby->Fuzz Factory->TS808->Carbon Copy->Phase 90->TU-3->Vox AC30CCH+Avatar 212 and Peavey VTM60+Marshall 1960A

Quote by necrosis1193
Fuzz...It's wonderful and horrible and beautiful and repulsive and so many things all at once.
Duncans - Custom 5 bridge, 59 neck, Stag Mag middle.

The JB isn't all that great and it's really not suited to LP bodies.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
PUT A TELE NECK IN THERE lol. I always wanted to do that.
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
Bride pup - Dimarzio Norton
middle pup - Dimarzio Super 2
neck pup - Dimarzio Humbucker From Hell
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470