my buddy bought an xbox, he got the three rings of fire so he got a new one for christmas this year. He didnt kno that there are ways of fixing this problem yourself. I told him and he said i could buy it off of him for $60 (b/c thats how much GameStop is offering him for it). I am seriously considering doing this and just fixing the console myself, then buying controlers and games for it. what do you think i should do? buy the broken console and fix it, or spend extra and buy a new xbox 360?

Old Xbox with ring of fire:
Pros:
-cheaper ($60 + 2(45) for controllers = $150)

Cons:
-probability of console not working after i try to fix it, but in which case i can just turn it into GameStop to get my $60 back.
-probability of Xbox LIVE not working b/c the system may think it's been hacked.

New Xbox:
pros:
- guaranteed Xbox LIVE and gameplay
- no need to buy controllers

cons:
-more expensive ($199 at it's cheapest version)
Thought it was rings of deaths. I wouldn't know I don't really play video games..
Glad to help...?
Quote by NGD1313
Yes, my mom walked in on me getting my carrot skinned.

So I freaked out and flipped the vegetable tray.

There was ranch everywhere.

Quote by zwound
Win

Quote by __Pent__

^^Too bad I can't do this in real life
Quote by angusfan16
Ring of Fire

that's what I though when I saw the thread title
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
Does it burn, burn, burn?
Ibanez RG350DX
Randall RH150G3
Harley Benton Cab (Shut up.)
Roland Cube 60
Dunlop Wah Wah Pedal.

mmmmm

Guitar fund - £300/???
Help me out guise!!1!
Fixing it yourself only guarantees it will work for another 4 months or so and you will have to still fix it regularly. Buying a new one is the better idea.
PS3 sucks..... and ring of fire one is best probably if you want fun that dont break your wallet, new if you want the good stuff you know what i sayin'!
ring of fire...is that like a new version?

PS3 4 eva!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote by Valid12891
I wish I had an extra sensitive third nipple, and a girl who was into that sort of thing.

Quote by _Ixnay_
In Russia, Winter Cold + Vodka + Big-Chested Women = No problem.

Book of shadows 2?
O_o
Quote by fretsofthebeast
ring of fire...is that like a new version?

PS3 4 eva!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
is the xbox melting???
Quote by Marshmelllow
graphs. graphs always work. my old work place had an awesome printer, so i was constantly making graphs.

that was until i made a graph of how much my boss pissed me off. but seriously dude, graphs.
the three rings of fire is a malfunction in the xbox 360 console....microsoft are cheap bastards and didnt fork over extra dough to pay for more cooling equipment for the motherboard. so some of the chips overheat which causes the console to stop working and instead of three green lights in the ring when you turn the console on, you get three red lights in the ring...hence, ring of fire...yes i'm well aware of the johnny cash song...hilarious... you guys are awesome.

I good dose of this will sort out your ring of fire.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Quote by boreamor
And we all fell into a burning ring of fire.
We fell down, down, down and the flames burnt higher.

i believe it is...

"we fell down, down, down and the flames, they licked up higher"
Quote by ASIsustainiac06
the three rings of fire is a malfunction in the xbox 360 console....microsoft are cheap bastards and didnt fork over extra dough to pay for more cooling equipment for the motherboard. so some of the chips overheat which causes the console to stop working and instead of three green lights in the ring when you turn the console on, you get three red lights in the ring...hence, ring of fire...yes i'm well aware of the johnny cash song...hilarious... you guys are awesome.

Red Rings of Death, bro. Keep that in mind, otherwise the same thing that happened here will happen again.
Sail upon the open skies
Quote by ASIsustainiac06
It's more commonly known as The Red Ring Of Death (RROD).
Quote by Chrisiphone

Quote by Marshmelllow
graphs. graphs always work. my old work place had an awesome printer, so i was constantly making graphs.

that was until i made a graph of how much my boss pissed me off. but seriously dude, graphs.
Quote by Chrisiphone

"Hi i'm anusfan, and if you don't use anusol, then fuck you."
Sail upon the open skies
Its red rings of DEATH. Not fire dummy.

Quote by U-neek
Now that is an epic win right there!!!!

I made an epic win
Jackson RR24M
PSN: Livewire410
Quote by freedoms_stain
It's more commonly known as The Red Ring Of Death (RROD).

lol pwned

but I would go for the new 'un..
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

It's called RRoD aka Red Ring of Death.
RIP Bernie Mac
RIP Michael Jackson

FUCK YOU DIME!

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
Get 'Cliff is Angry. So so angry' on your ass.

Edit: Then take pictures and send me them.

Genetically engineered and raised by wolverines DAVE MUSTAINE...
I'm not going to report you JoelTheShredder, but I strongly recommend you delete that post before someone else does or a mod sees it, that sort of thing could get you instabanned.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
Seriously, you can call microsoft and they will send you a box to ship your xbox in and they will fix it for free. They sent me a brand new one and a free month for live after like 2 weeks.
Quote by 1201ZJ
FoolishFool, you sir, are a genius. A ****ing genius, I tell you.
Quote by jgbsmith
I'm not going to report you JoelTheShredder, but I strongly recommend you delete that post before someone else does or a mod sees it, that sort of thing could get you instabanned.

wuss.
This is not a pipe