Hi everyone.

I'm looking to get a new amp. I think I've narrowed my search down to 3 amps.

Genres:
Classic rock, hard rock, psychedelic rock, blues rock

My guitar:
Jackson RR3 (it's a metal guitar, I know, but the neck is amazing and I'm eventually getting blues pickups)

What I'm using it for:
Practicing with my band, playing gigs, and probably some studio recording.

Here are the amps:
http://www.nstuffmusic.com/p-9062-fender-proreverb-used-vintage-guitar-amplifier.aspx
https://www.nstuffmusic.com/p-686-fender-hrdeluxe-40w-1x12-tube-combo.aspx
http://www.nstuffmusic.com/p-10309-fender-deluxevm-1x12-40-watt-tube-guitar-amplifier-with-onboard-reverb.aspx

I'd appreciate it if you could tell me what the best amp for my genres and situation would be. I don't know too much about these amps. Thanks!
Id just go for the regular hot rod, change out the speaker and replace the preamp tubes.

If you can buy it used.
out of the above three, id have to go with the HRD. This pro reverb is a late silverface, meaning farther from the blackface tone, and i have yet to find a silverface fender (early or late) that ive really dug the tone on. There just meh. (Keep in mind early 68 fender amps were blackface internals, silverface cosmetics) Now saying this, there are MUCH better choices than the HRD, seeing that the drive channel is very very bad, and the cleans take a while to find the sweet spot. Overall its a mediocre amp, but the best out of those three. (I own one) But, If i was in your position i would hold out and try to find a super, or a twin, or even a tremolux head. So many better options than the HRD for not much more money.
yah if your looking at the HRD, look at the peavey classic 30, not as much head room but enough if you ask me.

Of course to get some really nice cleans your ganna have to use the OD side of the classic 30.
Peavey Classic 30 is way overrated, its such a simple amp with no character.

I'd go for the HRD because that guy who says the super or twin arent that much more money, is wrong.

If youre in a situation like me then they are a lot more money! You can always upgrade the speaker and stuff like someone else said later and its like a new amp.

HRD all the way.
^whatever you say man.

unless your really into reverb, i say go for a classic 30, the normal channel is good for blues especially with a OD infront of it.

the dirty side can give you close to fender cleans and some marshally sort sounds with the proper OD.

I use the CM-2 overdrive, and if I want a marshally ballsy sound i just bring the treble down on that and boost up the bass.
I highly dislike the HRD's gain channel. I also hate the volume control. Cleans are good though. I like the Blues Deluxe's cleans better, and the gain sounds just as bad. Both go used for ~$450.
Schecter Gryphon; Ibanez AEG20E
Peavey Rage 158 ; TRAYNOR YCS50
EHX Big Muff Pi; Dunlop CryBaby GCB-95 (modded); MXR M-108 10-band; DigiTech JamMan Looper
if your really ganna use cleans or need that soft clipping sound alot then go for the HRD.

but if your ganna mostly play on the overdrive full blast get a C30.

simply put.
well a fender probably won't do hard rock all that great, I suggest you look at the Traynor YCV50 Blues, very nice amp
Quote by dougl126
Peavey Classic 30 is way overrated, its such a simple amp with no character.

I'd go for the HRD because that guy who says the super or twin arent that much more money, is wrong.

If youre in a situation like me then they are a lot more money! You can always upgrade the speaker and stuff like someone else said later and its like a new amp.

HRD all the way.

when i said you could get better with not much more money, i was not refering to the twin or the super, i was talking about the tremolux head. The price of a new HRD is just a little less than a good condition black face tremolux head. I am fully aware that the super and twin are ALOT much more than a HRD.
Quote by gregs1020
http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/msg/1059118025.html YCV40 - $400
http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/msg/1022295847.html YCV80 - $390 if you want more watts.

Of the ones you listed, I vote pro reverb. There is a Supersonic on your clist as well, he wants to trade ideally though. Good luck.

+infinity million
Go for a tryanor YCV as gregs has suggested
will be better voiced for what you are playing
Quote by Highwaytohell
+infinity million
Go for a tryanor YCV as gregs has suggested
will be better voiced for what you are playing

Ditto. Both Highway and Gregs know what they're on about.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
guitarAce372

Are you from the Pittsburgh area? The shop that you posted the links to. Is practically my second home. Really cool place with really great employees.

Go with the Deluxe.
Quote by The Real Ming
guitarAce372

Are you from the Pittsburgh area? The shop that you posted the links to. Is practically my second home. Really cool place with really great employees.

Yeah, I am. Pianos 'n Stuff is a great place indeed. Always great deals and the employees know their stuff.

And thanks for the replies, everyone. I've gotten a lot of mixed response and it's ultimately going to come down to what I like best after trying all of the amps tomorrow. But now I have a better idea of what to expect, etc.. I guess the main thing I wanted to know more about was the first amp I listed, which was the Pro Reverb. I'm not even sure exactly what year it is, so I'm going to have to see for myself how it is. A lot of people suggested the deluxe. I may go with that, I'll have to see how it sounds with my style. Unfortunately I won't be getting the Traynor, but I certainly appreciate the recommendation and maybe I'll get one somewhere down the road.

Thanks again, everyone!
hey, i live outsida pittsburgh too lol, i like like 35 ish minutes from pianos n stuff, definately the best shop in the area, the only one i go to more is brighton music cus its hell of a lot closer, i like in allegheny county,

and also, TS, look in some voxs, maybe like an ac30 or something, theyll need to be bosted for more modern hard rock, but all the other stuff you listed is perfect to play on it
Mega props for using a jackson to play blues..that's something you dont see everyday!

Hot rod deluxes are great for the price, the overdrive isnt too great though, So i recommend putting an Overdrive or Fuzz or whateevr you like in front of it.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Alright, update. I got the Hot Rod Deluxe!

But...
I opened it at home and the preamp tubes were broken
And inputs 1 and 2 don't work, but I'm guessing that that's because I didn't have the preamp tubes in.

Great tone and reverb, but I probably will need to invest in distortion somewhere down the line for a couple songs I play that are heavier blues.
primary thing to change on that amp is the speaker.

thats probly where it gets the bad rap for the overdrive.