ill make this quick...

Line 6 Spyder Valve 212
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTc8wydJOMo

sounds really nice but i hear you need to wait a minute or so for the tubes or valves to hat up or somthing :S im not sure... it sounds really nice though im a little iffy on the presets.. not that thats a biggie. its 600 quid in my local music store. is there anything maybe cheaper than this but just as good or is there any draw backs this amp may have, iv read the sticky thread about amplifiers. to be honest i got some of explanations but it confused me a little... tell me straight up if this is good or not thanks..

#~Dobbo the noob~#
honestly if you think you need all the versatillity of a modeler just buy a regular tube amp and just get a RP100 or something so you could have the option of not using all the digital junk.

I personally dont like the spider valve and would rather get a flextone just cause i think they sound better and there practicly the same price.
I like, although ha lot of people(most of em here on the forum) hate it because it's a modelling amp. It's versatile as hell and loud enough for a gig, sure there are better ones that suit a certain style better, but I like it.

BTW, every tube amp needs a 30-sec-1min warmup and a cooldown afterwards, nothing to worry about.
████████
████████
████████
Quote by THEKID546
honestly if you think you need all the versatillity of a modeler just buy a regular tube amp and just get a RP100 or something so you could have the option of not using all the digital junk.

I personally dont like the spider valve and would rather get a flextone just cause i think they sound better and there practicly the same price.

awesome thanks ill look into other amps before i part with so much of my hard earned cash from working this piece of crap job thanks alot ill look in to it
Both my best friend and guitar teacher have it and they they use it for everything from Jazz to Shred and fits them all perfectly
Ibanez RG270
Switch Wild I
Strat Copy

ProCo Rat Vintage RI
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez FZ7 Fuzz
Danelectro DJ-6 Phaser
flextones are from the same company as the spider valve.

line 6 makes them and there really bomb modelers.
Quote by Skywalker007
I like, although ha lot of people(most of em here on the forum) hate it because it's a modelling amp. It's versatile as hell and loud enough for a gig, sure there are better ones that suit a certain style better, but I like it.

BTW, every tube amp needs a 30-sec-1min warmup and a cooldown afterwards, nothing to worry about.

They don't need a cooldown.

I thought they were alright, nothing special. A bit overpriced. If you need the versatility I'd go with the flextone like suggested, you can find them pretty damn cheap used. I didn't really feel like the tubes added anything to this amp.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
yah they dont need a cool down but it dosent hurt either.

I always make sure to "cool down" my C30 at least for a minute or two before i turn it off.

I dont know if its necessary or not i just do it.

and to your sig.

say no to the brew, stick with the green.
Last edited by THEKID546 at Mar 5, 2009,
You can't cool a tube amp down, when it's in standby the heaters are still on.

The brew doesn't show up on drug tests

V Just depends, powertubes are probably every 1-3 years, preamps probably every 2-5 years. Depends on how much you play and how loud.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Last edited by Kevin Saale at Mar 5, 2009,
and what replacing the valves (or was it tubes? lol) i read on that thread they need to be changed every 3-4 years or so (not a biggie?)
i own a spider valve 112, i have had it over a year, i play thrash metal. this is a great practice amp. you will find if your ear is level with the speaker, it sounds like ****. this amp was meant to be on the ground and you standing up, it sounds great this way. this amp is awesome for jamming with an entire band or by yourself, also the effects are quite good. i have also played many shows with this amp and its just great.
like i said man if your looking into the spider valve, its not better than the flextone, the spider offer that tube tone, but to me the digital stuff in it just rapes it.

the flextone is the better option cause it uses the vetta tech wich is way better than the spider stuff.

Its all opinion of course play it and if you like it, damn what i say you like it.

but like i said make sure you play a flextone first.
Last edited by THEKID546 at Mar 5, 2009,
Quote by THEKID546
like i said man if your looking into the spider valve, its not better than the flextone, the spider offer that tube tone, but to me the digital stuff in it just rapes it.

the flextone is the better option cause it uses the vetta tech wich is way better than the spider stuff.

Its all opinion of course play it and if you like it, damn what i say you like it.

but like i said make sure you play a flextone first.

I will try and find a dealer or some body that owns one to get a go on one

one more quick question i have an electro acoustic guitar that i play alot as well. the different effects and stuff wont give me any ****ty feedback like this crappy 15 watt starter amp that i'm playing at moment will they? or it wont effect it in any way

thanks alot for your help and everyone else!
well im pretty sure it will feed back, like any amp with enough gain would, its nothing im ganna mark it down for.
i think that the vypyr tube is better than the spider one. i played the vypyr tube and it was pretty great.... but i have never played the line 6.
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

Mesa Boogie Mark III blue dot Coliseum

Mesa Traditional 4x12 v30's x EVM 12l's

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION