Ok so im trying to get some recording equipment since every song I have recorded thus far has been in guitar pro V 5.2 with Real Sounds Engine (WHICH YOU CAN AND SHOULD LISTEN TO IN MY PROFILE ). Anyways I was thinking of getting one of these two, I didnt know if first off anyone had any experience or input on either model, or if anyone knew if the 150 dollar one was worth getting over the 70 dollar one.....any input would be nice, thank you. I play mostly metal and would using midi for drums and such.

150$
http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/product/Line-6-UX1-with-PF?sku=250003

70$
http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/product/Line-6-TonePort-UX1-USB-RecordingModeling-Interface?sku=249700
"I just want to conquer people and their souls."
-Mike Tyson
Looks like you're just paying $80 for Pod Farm. Not sure if it's worth it. Maybe someone here can say. I had a GuitarPort a long time ago. It was a pretty good unit.
POD farm is waaaayy better than Line 6 modelling program, I'd do it just for that software.
"You can drink an ugly chick hot, but you can’t drink a fat chick skinny."

Fender: HSS Stratocaster

Modulus: 1991 Q5

Peavey:158BASS
Marshall: MG30FDX
Acoustic: B200
If you are set on using modeling software then I would look at guitar rig over the Line 6 stuff. The interface is better than the line 6 too.
Originally posted by arrrgg
When my grandpa comes over to visit, after his shower, he walks around naked to dry off
I've heard good things about the unit and the software. You could always upgrade to better software (guitar rig 3, axefx, etc) later since you'd have a good unit for plugging your guitar into your computer.

The expensive one has the pod farm software which is basically a pod in your computer. I'd say go for that if you're using your computer to create your tones, otherwise the cheaper one does the same thing I think.

I'm not 100% on all that, but I'm pretty sure that I'm right.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Led man32
If you are set on using modeling software then I would look at guitar rig over the Line 6 stuff. The interface is better than the line 6 too.

good point, ive used it very very breifly at my friends house but unless im mistaken that program is upwards of like 300 or 400 dollars? haha being in school and working weekends at staples doesnt exactly pay me enough to buy that and still have money for car insurance,books and food
-Mike Tyson
Quote by Kevin Saale
I've heard good things about the unit and the software. You could always upgrade to better software (guitar rig 3, axefx, etc) later since you'd have a good unit for plugging your guitar into your computer.

The expensive one has the pod farm software which is basically a pod in your computer. I'd say go for that if you're using your computer to create your tones, otherwise the cheaper one does the same thing I think.

I'm not 100% on all that, but I'm pretty sure that I'm right.

yeah the biggest reason i was looking at these two was for the unit that came with it to plug into the computer cause i currently dont have one, and you are right about upgrading to guitar rig once i save up enough, thanks for the input so far everyone
-Mike Tyson
Quote by IRONMAIDENTLICA
good point, ive used it very very breifly at my friends house but unless im mistaken that program is upwards of like 300 or 400 dollars? haha being in school and working weekends at staples doesnt exactly pay me enough to buy that and still have money for car insurance,books and food

The price is not that high.

http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/product/Native-Instruments-GUITAR-RIG-Session-FULL?sku=703278
Originally posted by arrrgg
When my grandpa comes over to visit, after his shower, he walks around naked to dry off
Quote by gizmodious
POD farm is waaaayy better than Line 6 modelling program, I'd do it just for that software.

Umm... POD Farm is a Line 6 modeling program...

IMO POD Farm IS better than Gearbox, but I don't think it's worth $80 more.

I had the old UX2, and I was able to upgrade from Gearbox to POD Farm for free, I'm not sure if you can with the older UX1, it kinda wouldn't make sense, but either way, POD Farm is only $50...

So my point would be, the cheaper one is better. If you want to upgrade to POD Farm later (and can't for free), it's only $50 instead of $80.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
keep in mind that another reason the newer one is 80 bucks is not only because of pod farm, but the hardware is a bit different- it has USB2.0, which is much much less latent then regular USB.
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.