I've recently taken a liking to dream theater and korn and rusty cooley but i dont have 7 string guitar to play most of their stuff on! And instead of having to tune my guitar all the way down so that the low e is a b and the a is an e and so on and so forth. because with this it is time consuming, unnecessary, and u lose the high e string. so ill take any suggestions on 7 string guitars bcuz ive never really looked at them so i have no idea whats good since im a 6 stringer and bass player.
Last edited by megadeth45 at Mar 5, 2009,
you should try the seven string thread
Gear
-Ibanez RG321 ( /w D-Sonic)
-Agile AL-3100 (/w Custom + '59)
-Yamaha FG730S
-Crybaby 535Q
-Keeley TS-9
-ISP Decimator
-B-52 AT-212
Quote by Mental-lica
My hats off to you mr. lanzaa and you can put this in your sig

M en
E jaculating
T o
A wful
L yrics
I'd go for the Ibanez RG7321; cheap, simple and mod-able:

GC Link

For $400 you can't really go wrong
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Last edited by Bonsaischaap at Mar 5, 2009,
yeah schecters were the first thing i looked at cuz a friend of mine has the schecter 007 and i like it but they are a little on the high end and i dont like any model of the rg cuz the action is never high enough
Quote by megadeth45
and i dont like any model of the rg cuz the action is never high enough

Well, they're usually set up with pretty low action because that's what a lot of people prefer. Setting it up with higher action only takes a few minutes, though...
Used MIJ RG7620 or RG 7621

You wont find a better 7 string for the price.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Quote by Pr0gNut
Used MIJ RG7620 or RG 7621

You wont find a better 7 string for the price.

Most definitely, if you don't mind buying used and you can find one, go for it.
When it comes to 7-strings and heavy music, you can never go wrong win Ibanez and Schecter. Ever. However, with your budget, my best suggestion is to purchase another 6-string and take it in for a setup, ensuring the luthier or tech knows what tuning you want... This should only cost you an extra $50 to $60.
well ive definetly been lookin at the schecters and i build guitars and amps with my dad in our free time so if i cant find one i like i might just have 2 build one but i dont have any specs for a 7 string. and my whole deal with the action being 2 low on the rg is that unless the frets are scalloped i can never quite get my fingers under the strings enough for bends and i feel less in control of the guitar bcuz its to close to the fret board so all that ur doing is putting ur fingers on the fretboard pretty much.
I'd say go for the Ibanez 7321 the neck is similiar to the U necks on the RG4s and etc and even though it doesn't have a whammy bar it's not big of a deal really. A very solid guitar too, should also check out Agiles i heard alot about their 7 strings
Last edited by Mix Master at Mar 5, 2009,
Quote by megadeth45
well ive definetly been lookin at the schecters and i build guitars and amps with my dad in our free time so if i cant find one i like i might just have 2 build one but i dont have any specs for a 7 string. and my whole deal with the action being 2 low on the rg is that unless the frets are scalloped i can never quite get my fingers under the strings enough for bends and i feel less in control of the guitar bcuz its to close to the fret board so all that ur doing is putting ur fingers on the fretboard pretty much.

Raise the action? Or maybe you're trying to say you don't like something about the fretboard radius?

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

idk ive just never been able to get the action on an rg high enough for my liking. i like my action to be set at about where my warlock is. i have nothing against ibanez, just the rg lol