I want to get a cable to connect to both amps i have at the same time. I have seen Ys at my local shop and they have many types, so i was wondering what type exactly should i get

P.S all of the y-cables are Hosa but i think they may have others
Oh Hey look at my signature
Don't get a Y cable. Get a Y switch. A/b/y switch. What this allows you to do is switch from one amp to another or use both at the same time and you don't have to worry about the cable getting tore up because you use regular cables.
Use an AB/Y box, bit more costly but it works much better than a y cable.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
how much for a A/B/Y and what brands do you recomend

if anyone else knows still try to recomend a cable in case
Well if you want the cable get one that looks durable... I mean the brand of cable is not that important. It's a cable... It's not a big secret or rocket science. Get a durable looking cable that's all there is to it.
Quote by hcsn2008
Well if you want the cable get one that looks durable... I mean the brand of cable is not that important. It's a cable... It's not a big secret or rocket science. Get a durable looking cable that's all there is to it.

Not trying to sound like a douche but i know to get a DURABLE cable i meant like specifications. cause i saw a cable and plugged it into two amps and only one amp played. the cable had one that said input it was black and the other said ring that one was red? that is why i was confused.
Quote by BlackDog55
Not trying to sound like a douche but i know to get a DURABLE cable i meant like specifications. cause i saw a cable and plugged it into two amps and only one amp played. the cable had one that said input it was black and the other said ring that one was red? that is why i was confused.

yeah you just need a splitter.

you are running one cable out from the guitar. then you plug into this.
http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Horizon-1F2M-Mono-14-Guitar-Y-Cable?sku=336201&src=3WFRWXX&ZYXSEM=0&CAWELAID=26023130

or similar then run out to 2 amps.

you can even get a cheap adapter at radioshack.

or you can just pick up a morley box.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011