What up true believers!
I'm installing a set of Seymour Duncan Invader Pickups into an OLP MM1 I built from eBay parts. I decided to try the 1 Meg-ohm potentiometer from StewMac. After wiring it up I have low output from the guitar. My 1st thought is that I have a ground issue. I double and triple checked my wiring and it's definitely correct. I'm using the the wiring diagram from the Seymour Duncan website. (2 Humbuckers 1 Volume).

I can't seem to figure out the problem. 2 things I thought about:

1. I'm using a stereo jack (b/c I had one laying around) could this be it?
or
2. Maybe its the 1 Meg potentiometer, would the invaders not like this pot?

Any thoughts?!?!?

Thanks!
•1976 Gibson Les Paul Custom, PRS Mark Holcomb Ltd Run, 2004 Les Paul Classic, Joe Bonamassa Les Paul Stndrd

•Orange Rockerverb 50 MKII
•PRS Archon
•Kemper Amp Profiler
Last edited by LTD-live at Mar 5, 2009,
Quote by LTD-live
1. I'm using a stereo jack (b/c I had one laying around) could this be it?
could be, if you wired it incorrectly. a stereo jack CAN be used in place of a mono. look carefully at the lugs. The lug for the sleeve will be painfully obvious. The lug for the tip will be a little more difficult to determine, but if you look at the jack from the side, you can follow the metal around to see where it goes. don't connect the ring lug at all.

Quote by LTD-live
2. Maybe its the 1 Meg potentiometer, would the invaders not like this pot?
nnnope.

the only negative effect you would hear from 1 Meg pot would be increased brightness. the overall output would be the same or just the tiniest bit greater than using a 500k.

Also, check your pickup height. Too far away from the strings will cause a loss of output.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Thanks!
The jack may just be the problem.
•1976 Gibson Les Paul Custom, PRS Mark Holcomb Ltd Run, 2004 Les Paul Classic, Joe Bonamassa Les Paul Stndrd

•Orange Rockerverb 50 MKII
•PRS Archon
•Kemper Amp Profiler