EDIT:should i get a carvin nomad? also, for those of you who've ordered from here before do they do anything to assure your amp won't be left outside or damged, because i live with a lot of snow and whatnot and i don't want my potentially new amp to be damaged.

i play a lot of RHCP
Last edited by pwnagegnome at Mar 7, 2009,
All of their stuff is good IMO.I'll just give my opinion on each amp that I've played by them.

Legacy- Great cleans and the overdrive channel sings,can be a bit shrill though.

Vintage series-Great for clean,blues,and classic rock.I couldn't find anything to complain about

V3-Good cleans and a lot of tweaking options,OD channel sounded weak until dialed in and EQ'd properly.

I'm looking into getting a vintage 16 watt tube combo from them and switching out the stock speaker for a celestion alnico blue.They make nice amps,you just have to try them and see if they're right for you.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Very good. Almost bought a Vintage series recently.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by Pr0gNut
All of their stuff is good IMO.I'll just give my opinion on each amp that I've played by them.

Legacy- Great cleans and the overdrive channel sings,can be a bit shrill though.

Vintage series-Great for clean,blues,and classic rock.I couldn't find anything to complain about

V3-Good cleans and a lot of tweaking options,OD channel sounded weak until dialed in and EQ'd properly.

I'm looking into getting a vintage 16 watt tube combo from them and switching out the stock speaker for a celestion alnico blue.They make nice amps,you just have to try them and see if they're right for you.

have you ever ordered one from the site?
Quote by pwnagegnome
have you ever ordered one from the site?

Nope,but I'm considering it.The ones I've played were either owned by friends or used models in local shops,but they're great amps.Carvin sells their stuff at factory direct prices so you get a good deal on some fine amps from them.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Quote by pwnagegnome
i have decided to get a nomad 50w

That's a nice amp,and it can get pretty damn loud too.What styles do you play? It can do classic rock well,and some lighter distortion shred stuff,but I wouldn't expect it to do hard and heavy tones by itself.

Quote by pwnagegnome
i have decided to get a nomad 50w

Very nice amp, congrats.
Quote by Pr0gNut
That's a nice amp,and it can get pretty damn loud too.What styles do you play? It can do classic rock well,and some lighter distortion shred stuff,but I wouldn't expect it to do hard and heavy tones by itself.

i want to do a lot of red hot chili peppers and nirvana, namely funk and grunge
Quote by pwnagegnome
i want to do a lot of red hot chili peppers and nirvana, namely funk and grunge

It should be able to handle that,if not you can always just put an OD pedal in front of it.

Why are you bumping this? You already said you were getting a nomad combo.

Quote by Pr0gNut
Why are you bumping this? You already said you were getting a nomad combo.

i know, but i want to know about the quality of shipping before i purchase it
Quote by pwnagegnome
i know, but i want to know about the quality of shipping before i purchase it

Quality of shipping? Depends on the carrier. Maybe a fedex forum?
Quote by gregs1020
Quality of shipping? Depends on the carrier. Maybe a fedex forum?

... douche
The quality of shipping isn't determined by the company who makes the product,but by the company who ships it.A company could make a great product and package it very well,but then some UPS driver could drop it or not secure it in the truck properly.

Nobody here can really answer that question since nothing is definite and you never know what could happen.That being said,Carvin has a 10 day return policy so you could just contact them and send it back if it gets damaged.

Quote by pwnagegnome
... douche

Hey you posted it!