So I got some chords and want to know what key this is. I think its F#/Gb, but I am not sure. Anyways, the chords for the chorus (in order) are: F#, A, C, B. Then the verse F#, E, A. So yeah, what is the key or at least a good scale to solo over top of this with?
"Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe." -Frank Zappa
Well, as far as I know, keys generally aren't over anything, like you have F#/Gb, I do believe that doesn't occur.

However, since you have an F# and the C is natural, my best guess is that you're in G. I'm also trying to figure out the keys of some songs, but I'm next to certain that it's in G.
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that these are all power chords. My bad.
"Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe." -Frank Zappa
F#5 - F# C#

A5 - A E

C5 - C G

B5 - B F#

E5 - E B

A5 - A E

So your notes in order starting on F# are

F# G A B C C#/Db E F#

If it wasn't for the C# I would say this is in one of the modes of G major. Chances are that C# isn't all that harmonically important, so my guess would be G major or one of it's modes.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Theory is descriptive, not prescriptive.

Quote by MiKe Hendryckz
theory states 1+1=2 sometimes in music 1+1=3.