I've been thinking about this for a long time. I want to start an improvisation band.
Just a band that makes their songs up at the moment by epic coöperation.

do you guys think its possible and/or people would be curious to listen to it ?

--------------------
-------------------
------------------
-----------------
----------------
---------------

No.
Rush Rocks

Quote by Braiton
If Beiber is our generation's Cobain I can't see how that is a bad thing.
Just make sure the shotgun is loaded.
it depends. if the songs are like 12 minutes long, than no. but if you keep em under 3 minutes, i'd give em a listen
Quote by innertom
So much down syndrome

remember UG Community? thought so.
Could be fun. I guess it depends if it sounds good.
Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.
For it to not be **** you'd have to constantly jam with each other over and over again and not give up at the beginning when it is ****... because it almost certainly will sound terrible.
I jammed pretty consistantly with a few guys for a couple of years and it took us that long to be able to freestyle anything other than just noodling.
If this is only a spare time project, not serious, drugs will help because you'll think you're great even if you suck
I'm like a candle in the wind... unreliable.
Jazz groups do it all the time. Granted, they have a principle melody or theme which they work with and around, but the basic premise remains the same.

To be a good jam band you gotta know your chops, have a very good ear, and have body language and eye to eye coordiantion with your band members and you need to practise a lot.
Quote by chimneyfish
"death-metal is the best when its in the shape of a dildo and shoved in my ass"

Born to lose...
!!!!!!!!!!!!!
...live to Win
Yeah do it.

It's a lot of fun. Just play a jazzy riff and let the bassist and drummer come up with something while you and another guitarist jam with it taking turns to solo.
Quote by the_white_bunny
your just a simpleton that cant understand strategy apparently.

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
It's called Jazz. Play it. have fun.
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
Just remember, if you can't come up with anything new right away, play something you've already come up with for a short time until you think of a new thing to play. Your band could be known as The Spin Cycles.

It's crazy the things you can come up with when you improv. My band on valentines day went from a slow jam, to funk, to ska, to metal, back to a slow jam. Varying genres keeps things interesting.
Call me Jack.
All that you love...
...you must love now.
My Gear:
PRS Custom 24
Standard MIM Tele
Larrivée LV-09E
Rivera Clubster 45 112 Combo Tube
Boss ME-20 Multi-effects pedal
Boss OC-3 Super octave pedal
My own home-made octave-up pedal