Page 1 of 5
i got it sooo hard a few years ago when i first listened to comfortably numb

its an awesome feeling to get when you hear a song

i havnt found any music that did that to me in a loong time but just yesterday i was listenin to 2pacs post-life resurrection album and the song runnin' when the sirens went on about him gettin shot did it to me,*flameshield on*

any of yu pitheads ever get this? and from what songs,im now in search of this feeling again lol

edit/ i mean the spine-chilling-goosebumps feeling!
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Last edited by JimmyBanks6 at Mar 5, 2009,
"Makisupa Policeman" - Phish
Quote by Tire Me.
Raping her in front of other people would be morally wrong.

Quote by Bubbles516
wtf290 uses make bubbles feel like crap
Its super effective!
Yeah, from loads of songs.. but i can never think of things like this on the spot >.<
I'm mostly into death metal but I get that feeling from almost all of Radiohead's music.
I'm like a candle in the wind... unreliable.
Yeah, I get it right when the second solo in comfortably numb starts, among other things.
In diesem Herz hab ich die Macht.

Gear:
Fender MIM HSS Strat (Wine Red)
VOX Valvetronix VT20+
Kay K390 Acoustic
I liked the title of your original thread more...

But, to contribute to this thread: the Comfortably Numb solo, Wet Sand solo, and the solo from Stairway to Heaven on SRTS.

Oh, and In the Flesh, Thin Ice, Mother, Another Brick in the Wall Part 2, Money, Time, and most of Echoes... yes I am a huge David Gilmour fan.

And the solo in Suck My Kiss made me get that feeling the first few times I listened to it for some reason.

Edit: and the solo in the live version of Hear My Train A Comin' from Hendrix's Live/Rare boxset
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Last edited by Karvid at Mar 5, 2009,
Quote by ShibbyWiggles
I'm mostly into death metal but I get that feeling from almost all of Radiohead's music.

+1 minus the metal. When its early morning and I'm on the way to school I get on the bus, bundle up so I'm nice and warm and put on some Radiohead and get chills all the way to school.

So let's just put it an easier way.... Kid A.
Last edited by The_Paranoia at Mar 5, 2009,
The song Transatlanticism by Death Cab for Cutie... such an epic song from an epic band.
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Call me Patrick! My username sucks anyway
Most Rockabilly does it for me, makes me start tapping my foot and gets me in a good mood.
-Custom Epiphone LP
-Gretsch G5129 Electromatic
-Fender DG8S Acoustic
-Fender Blues Jr. NOS amp
-Boss FBM-1, CS-3, NS-2, DD-7, RC-2 Pedals
Quote by ShibbyWiggles

"House of Cards" and "15 Step" by Radiohead.

'nuff said.
Quote by Karvid
I liked the title of your original thread more...

But, to contribute to this thread: the Comfortably Numb solo, Wet Sand solo, and the solo from Stairway to Heaven on SRTS.

Oh, and In the Flesh, Thin Ice, Mother, Another Brick in the Wall Part 2, Money, Time, and most of Echoes... yes I am a huge David Gilmour fan.

And the solo in Suck My Kiss made me get that feeling the first few times I listened to it for some reason.

hah yeah that was a major typo the cursor got away from me
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Last edited by JimmyBanks6 at Mar 5, 2009,
Most "epics"

Classical stuff mostly, but also Guns n' Roses songs like Estranged etc.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Jason Mraz- I'm Yours

Ahhhhh
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
as i lay dying - the sound of truth
afi - silver and cold
afi - this time imperfect
and, dispite the cliche'd-ness, stairway
Be still my heart, I hear your back cracking...

...sounds like music to me
I misread the opening sentence of OP's post as "i got sooo hard a few years ago when i first listened to comfortably numb."

Either way, I agree.
Quote by Ninjake
... isn't mung like, a bean?
Chiodos cover of Harvey Dangers "Flagpole Sitta"
the original song is amazing as well
Painkiller by Judas Priest. During the solo when Tipton is doing those ascending sweeping lines and then to a huge, powerful bend. And there are several more during the solo. That gives me chills.
Bands I've seen live:

Def Leppard
Journey
Tool
Testament
Megadeth
Slayer
Mastodon
Deftones
Alice in Chains
Foo Fighters
Rodrigo y Gabriela
Quote by El Gigante

'nuff said.

Yeh! they're the best to chill to normally.
Also if you're chilling whilst perhaps stoned if that's what you're into I would have to say Nude, Idioteque and Everything in it's right place!
Quote by Set-Abominae
I misread the opening sentence of OP's post as "i got sooo hard a few years ago when i first listened to comfortably numb."

Either way, I agree.

Same here.

Well I usually get that extremely chilled feeling whenever I listen to Dylan, I don't think I have any specific favourite song though but most stuff by him makes me feel good.

My Wild Love and The End by The Doors are two other songs that come to mind.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Quote by El Gigante

'nuff said.

You'll never quite experience House of Cards til you see it like with 16 000 other people clapping along. And, naturally, Radiohead fans have a good sense of rhythm, so there weren't those offbeat wangs screwing everything up.

Sigur Ros's off-the-floor recordings off Heima give me this feeling. Thomas Newman's original compositions, a lot of Keane's slower stuff, "Angeles" by Elliott Smith, "Because" and "Julia" by the Beatles, "Invincible" by Muse, "Only Twin" and "Voorhees" by Oceansize...man, I could go on all day.

I heart music.
Psych Rock, Reggae and Chill music. Bands like Bob Marley, Peter Tosh, Zero 7, Portishead or Pink Floyd bring me an orgasmic listening session along with some joints.
Bradley Nowells acoustic ****. Cobains early demos like Verse Chorus Verse, Do Re Mi, etc. Almost everything by Bob Dylan, The Eagles and Janis Joplin. Hendrix tops my list with his blues.

Edit: Oh yea, read the post above me and I gotta say Bob Marley, Ziggy for sure and Ben Harper.
Opeth's Damnation album. Windowpane the most
Last.fm

"Music is a language of emotion. It informs our words with FEELING, and doesn't need to be learned.. It's visceral and innate" - Jason Silva
Quote by Guitarfanatic93
Opeth's Damnation album. Windowpane the most

YES!!! How did I forget that.
The most played album on my itunes
Quote by ShibbyWiggles
YES!!! How did I forget that.
The most played album on my itunes

I always use that album when i feel really stressed out or im angry at someone. Its better than weed!!!
Last.fm

"Music is a language of emotion. It informs our words with FEELING, and doesn't need to be learned.. It's visceral and innate" - Jason Silva
Most black metal songs with big orchestration also does the trick.
Also Cemetery Gates is beautiful at times.
Castles made of sand

Wish you were here

Shine on you crazy Diamond

Great gig in the sky... Many more too, but this is enough.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Viridian/White Walls by Between the Buried and Me

It never fails to give me goosebumps at least 3 times every time I listen to it.
Sig What?
Even After All-Finley Quaye
Amber-311
Stir It Up, Waiting in Vain-Bob Marley
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
"chill" as in laid back? or "chill" as in a cold frightening sensation?

Venom - At War with Satan / the spoken dialog
Judas Priest - Beyond the Realms of Death / Halford and company, 'nuff said
Last Days of May (live) - Blue Öyster Cult / Donald "Buck Dharma" Roeser's guitar work
The Graveyard (entier cd) - King Diamond / the master of the macabre
BLAZE ON!

2006 Epiphone '58 Korina V
2008 Aslin Dane Bohemian
Real Sound Mars Twin Tube Distortion/Overdrive
Crate dxj112 amp
Dunlop HighGain used as expression pedal
Steven Wilson's lyrics and vocals in "Even Less" by Porcupine Tree always give me chills.

Same for the moment where his vocals enter in "Collapse the Light into Earth" and "Piano Lessons".
Quote by esidebill
When I was very young... I asked a man why his guitar had 4 strings. He smacked me on the head and said "SON THIS IS A BASS". I have been afraid of bassists ever since.

Quote by Zecromancer
Those brightened my day
Most of the songs off of Death's 'The Sound of Perseverance', especially "Voice of the Soul". When the acoustic guitar starts a chord pattern near the end with the ascending solo it gives me the chills.

There are a lot of those moments on that album, for me at least, but that song the most.

Also, the vocal intro to "In Shadows And Dust" by Kataklysm, not because of what it is, just because I'm waiting for the awesome riff to kick in.
Page 1 of 5