There are a couple of eBay auctions going on for some vintage ProCo RAT distortion pedals from the 1980 with the "coveted" LM308 chip. Bids are currently in the $60 range, but I expect that to go up as the auctions still have some time to go.

I like the tone served up by these pedals and I think it would be cool to add a really beat-up pedal to my board.

Is there anything I should ask the seller prior to putting in a bid? And how high is the final price likely to go?
"In Power Trios I Trust..."
Gibson SG Classic, Fender CP Jaguar Special HH, '65 RI Mustang
'65 Ampeg Gemini I G-12 Combo, Orange Tiny Terror
Bid up to the price you're willing to pay.
Theres not much to it.
G&L Tribute S-500 -> Ernie Ball VP -> Boss SD-1 -> Fulltone OCD -> Small Stone Phaser -> Danelectro Cool Cat Tremolo -> Boss DD-3 -> Boss RE-20 -> TC Electronic Hall of Reverb -> Boss RC-2 -------> Modded Crate v18 Amp

www.wearewerebear.com
I've been bidding for years on eBay. Just curious whether anyone has an opinion about a 20+ year old ProCo RAT pedal.
Sounds good to me, but use auctionstealer.com to bid on it
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by darkarbiter7
Sounds good to me, but use auctionstealer.com to bid on it

My mega high-speed internet connection does pretty good for me. Lots of good sniping possibilities when you have a fat pipe coming into your home.
go for it if you want one, simple as. I've seen these go for about $200 but that's on the higher end.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Last edited by Kid_Thorazine at Mar 5, 2009,
One of the auctions has some warning signs, however. All 6 of the photos are dated from early 2007. Two year old photos? Hummm...

Then there's this line in the description: "I do not have an amp to test this pedal with but I will guarantee it to work."

WTF? He's able to describe the pedal in great detail, down to the coveted LM308 chip, but he doesn't have an amp? Kinda like someone trying to sell a car on CraigsList but then adding: "I'm sure this car runs great, but I don't have a driver's license."
Quote by Armchair Bronco
I've been bidding for years on eBay. Just curious whether anyone has an opinion about a 20+ year old ProCo RAT pedal.
I have a 90's model and it's great. I think the price on that one is going to shoot up near the end. I got mine off eBay bundled with a DOD FX25 for $60 or $70. It was rough around the edges and I had to fix the 9V jack and no battery door. But it works perfect.
WTF? He's able to describe the pedal in great detail, down to the coveted LM308 chip, but he doesn't have an amp? Kinda like someone trying to sell a car on CraigsList but then adding: "I'm sure this car runs great, but I don't have a driver's license."

Well, he could be a retired guitarist who doesn't have enough time, or maybe it was a relative's or something like that