i put a five two in the bridge that sounds great and a vintage stack by seymour duncan in the neck that sounds like **** in comparison. it kinda pisses me off cuz i just spent 75$ on the stupid thing. i think i might see what i can get for it on craigslist. what would be a good pup to put in its place that will sound more defined and less like doodoo?
mines a little dark.
i suggest you keep it and swap the tone pot or the capacitor in there.

do that raise the treble side, lower the bass and look at alternate ways of wiring that pup.

you can totally brighten up the way it sounds.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
really? it can be changed, thats news to me. thats great. that would be way cheaper than a new pup. thanks for the info i'll definitely be working on it
no problem. just today i took apart my tele.

i swapped out the 500k pot in the bridge (was way too harsh with the hotrails) for a 250K.

suits it so much better.

if i were you id look into swapping pot and capacitor values and perhaps adding a push switch, to wire that pup for out of phase as well.
it's a 4 wire, so it's not that hard. you would just need a push switch drilled into the control cavity cover, or to swap out that pup for a push pull pot.

anyway, i'm sure you can work something with it.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011