Here's my rig right now:

Boss FZ-5, Boss OS-2 and a Dunlop Classic Wah run through an effects loop on the Decimator G-string (noise gate.) The guitar goes through the deimator's input and the output is to the amp.

Now, I noticed when I ran my new equalizer (The Danelectro Fish n Chips) that it did nothing for the EQ running in the effects loop in the noise gate. I now am trying to get it to run after the decimator, but I'm getting no sound.

Here's what I'm doing:

Decimator (With 3 pedals in its FX Loop): Decimator's Input has the guitar, the output leads to the Danelectro fish 'n' Chips. the fish n chips runs into the amp.

What is wrong with that?
Quote by MooshMooshMarc
I didnt have anything planned out, and I didn't know **** about improvising, so it was like "OH SHI- SOLO TIME" so I kerry-kinged it.
any help?
Quote by MooshMooshMarc
I didnt have anything planned out, and I didn't know **** about improvising, so it was like "OH SHI- SOLO TIME" so I kerry-kinged it.
EQ pedals are usually put directly from the guitar and before anything else. That's all I would suggest trying. Though really there's no reason why it shouldn't also work after the noise gate or in the gate's effect loop - either way, try sticking it directly after the guitar and before the noise gate first. If it doesn't even work there, you've got problems.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by MrFlibble
EQ pedals are usually put directly from the guitar and before anything else. That's all I would suggest trying. Though really there's no reason why it shouldn't also work after the noise gate or in the gate's effect loop - either way, try sticking it directly after the guitar and before the noise gate first. If it doesn't even work there, you've got problems.

Wait, I want to EQ the pedals though, not the guitar. Does the spot for it matter?
Quote by MooshMooshMarc
Ah, well in that case you will need to put it in the effect loop.

As before, traditionally it should go before the other pedals, but if you put it last in the effect loop then it should still do something, it's just not the traditional way they're used.

The only thing I would suggest is you give it another go in the effect loop in front of the other pedals in the loop, and if it doesn't work again... sounds like you might have a busted pedal then. Traditional use or not, if you put it anywhere and it does nothing at all, something's broken.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.