I have $300USD for a new amp, but I am willing to spend up to $500. I play mostly classic rock, metal, and rock. I have an Ibanez RG2EX1 for a guitar if that helps. I intend to use it for practicing at home and for band practices.
possibly the B-52 At112
And on the seventh day, I said "Go to your room!"

check out my jazz tab and ill gladly do a review of any of your stuff

I play the bass clarinet! How 'bout you? PM me!
the b-52 at-112 might be your best bet unless you want to look used

EDIT: could you point out some bands to know if your looking for a more modern or more vintage type sound

UBER EDIT: this might also be good http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product?sku=481197X
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Last edited by nutinpwnsgibson at Mar 5, 2009,
the b-52 if you want tube
if you wanna look into ss check out the peavey bandit
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Randall RG series. They are a hyrbid, tube plus solid state. I have one and love it for classic rock. Plug in a distortion pedal and it screams metal. Unlike my spider 3 it sounds clean and clear when turned up. It even comes with some simple effx.
\\-,-// Favorite Bands \\-,-//
Chimaira, Hatebreed, Bury Your Dead, Norma Jean, The Devil Wears Pradda, Poison the Well, COB, As I Lay Dying, Underoath, Parkway Drive, Pantera, Metallica, Exodus, Necrophagia, Testament, Unearth
a bugera 2x12 is 550 and pretty sweet.
Quote by vintage x metal
My toilet has seen some scenes that one would describe as 'deathcore'
^^^I def. agree^^^you should try a Bugera. If you get one research on this forum. I have read that the tubes need biased to ensure reliability.
\\-,-// Favorite Bands \\-,-//
Chimaira, Hatebreed, Bury Your Dead, Norma Jean, The Devil Wears Pradda, Poison the Well, COB, As I Lay Dying, Underoath, Parkway Drive, Pantera, Metallica, Exodus, Necrophagia, Testament, Unearth
Peavey Classic 30 + OD/EQ?
Quote by jdmurrayz
Fap energy comes from the soul, not the body.
Quote by azndude12
I like to play Rush, Led Zeppelin, Iron Maiden, and Metallica.

What's on your local craigslist? Or does it have to be new?
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by azndude12

Edit: Do you guys think this is a good deal?
http://boston.craigslist.org/sob/msg/1060389220.html

Not really a great deal, the amp new is $399 usually. I like the VK but they take some tweeking to get serious tone. Some will say it's a futile effort. But that's the idea. There is a JTM-60 that you may be able to score for $500. I know that some of the JTM's had issues but I thought that was the 30 watt'rs with transformer and overheating issues. I'd check it out or keep trolling there to see what comes up.

Maybe someone can comment on the JTM-60 as far as it's reliability.

Edit: The B-52 is a good amp as well.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
I say get the C-30 most of that stuff just requires a mid gained amp.
the C-30 can do the classic rock stuff better and sound better than the B-52.

if you were really into metal id say go for the randall.