Ibanez acoustic guitars are usually quite poorly built, to be honest. They make great electric guitars, but their acoustic guitars are seriously lacking. Ibanez have really common problems with action/fret buzzing and their electronics breaking.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
^^

Yes my friend purchased an ibanez around that price range and sadly you can still see glue inside the sound hole around the bracings. In general the majority is poorly buildt. For example, Toyota in general makes some fine cars, if they invested in TV's, would you choose between Sony or ....., you get my point.
Yeah I get it. Well I'm like 60% leaning to a Washburn D10 Dreadnought body. Y'all think that's pretty good? I read that it was voted best acoustic under 500$
Quote by Imme94
Yeah I get it. Well I'm like 60% leaning to a Washburn D10 Dreadnought body. Y'all think that's pretty good? I read that it was voted best acoustic under 500$

There great. But also look at some Deans and Yamaha.
I really dont care for Ibanez acoustic guitar. They sound really bad to me (and a lot of others...)
Some of the best low end guitars are made by Yamaha. I think a lot will also recommend the F335 by Yamaha. Another one of the bang for your buck guitars although a lot more expencive at around $300-$400 is the Seagull S6.
The Yamahas and Seagulls are some of the best starter guitars, IMO. Very well built.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
Thanks for all the suggestions guys! For the price range that I had to stay in I've gone with the Washburn I mentioned earlier. When I get a job again and start making money I'm gonna have to get one a Yamaha they're beautiful. So is there anything I should know about the Washburn(it's comin in the mail). Any faults that particularly bring this down?
You really need to try before you buy. I'm assuming you're looking in the <$300 range, so I'd suggest looking in the thread specifically for that. The first page or two have some great suggestions for about $300.

One thing that is very important to remember when buying an acoustic guitar is to look for a solid top. Not a select or genuine top, a clearly indicated SOLID top.

When you get a guitar, make sure it is good build quality as well. You know, no visible glue, smooth fret ends, etc.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Heh, mine is laminate and it actually sounds pretty good compared to a few of the low end solid tops ^_^'' (F335)
The ibanez' aren't terrible. I've played a few and have been halfway impressed with them. I can't say that they're the best out there, but they're better than some of the garbage Epiphone and Fender are throwing out there. That specific model I can't speak for, but I would suggest looking into Washburn and Yamaha for better "cheap" acoustics, as they produce some good solid top acoustics for around $200-300. If you're willing to spend another couple hundred, the Martin's, Carlos Robelli's, Epiphone Masterbuilts, Blueridge's and cheaper Taylors are worth looking at.

It really depends on your style and taste. Buying an electric guitar online is one thing, but acoustics are all VERY different and being able to play and feel the nuances of the guitar are worth the trips.

Quote by Chaos Nil
Heh, mine is laminate and it actually sounds pretty good compared to a few of the low end solid tops ^_^'' (F335)

I've got one of those types, too. I got a Sigma from the 70's that literature from the period dictates would have a "solid top," but when I got the bridge repaied, it turned out to be a laminate. I would argue that it sounds better than some of the solid tops I'd heard, but I can't say whether or not I'm just biased, as I've owned the guitar for so long, or if it really does, but... some laminate top acoustics can sound damn good. I was told by a luthier/guitar tech (I'm not sure what he calls himself) that a thin laminate top acoustic has the potential to sound as good as a solid top.
Fact: Bears eat beats. Bears beats Battlestar Galactica.
Last edited by Thomme at Mar 7, 2009,