tune drop c
scooped mids and plenty of treble not too much bass for tone
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Quote by C-Wiz
does anyone have any good techniques to help me play gindcore/deathcore music?

like any good chugs (tabbed out) or tunings/amp settings?

Drop whatever chugs and "horror" chords are basically it.

There's not much to it...
Awakening The Revenant
Deathcore side project: Malevolent

Quote by shavorules42
start with more poppy music with occasional screams and then work your way into emoish crap like a day to remember and so on.
B standard, dissonant chords, palm mute, scooped mids, different rythmic patterns.
ಠ_ಠ
the ultimate chuggers are Earth Crisis. you want an idea just rip them off. Firestorm is basically played completely with chugs on the E string.
alot of meandering fills
minor trills
aeolian or harmonic minor modes
drop c b or a
experiment with different time signatures (5/4, 5/8 23/16 7/8)

It all really depends on the style. what bands do you wanna sound like
"...silence and screams are the end of my song..."
Victor Jara
Quote by mckraf99
the ultimate chuggers are Earth Crisis. you want an idea just rip them off. Firestorm is basically played completely with chugs on the E string.

k first firestorm is not all chugs. second you dont rip off a band like that it will cause problems.

as for answering your question scoop the mids just turn the treble all the way up and just a tiny pinch of bass to get the tone right.

also just listen to some bands fitting the genre and figure out something by just jamming along with some songs by your favorite grindcore/deathcore bands
Quote by Fzau
Wait.. you had sex thirty seconds ago and now you're in The Pit?
... you sir, are sick...

Quote by timeconsumer09
Quote by ThatGuy177
I can play bass.
That's not a useless talent.
It's just useless.

Quote by Mattylightning
second you dont rip off a band like that it will cause problems.
Problems like all the music you listen to?
Quote by TGautier13
Because e-cred on a sub-par 4Chan knockoff forum is what everyone strives to achieve.
We believe - so we're misled
We assume - so we're played
We confide - so we're deceived
We trust - so we're betrayed
-_-'' k first i do listen to bands other than what i listed and actually share a liking of several of the bands you listed as what you like and before this gets out of hand im going to say this,it would have sounded like that EVENTUALLY. done...thats all i have to say on the matter
Quote by Fzau
... you sir, are sick...

Quote by timeconsumer09
Quote by ThatGuy177
I can play bass.
It's just useless.

Quote by Mattylightning
-_-'' k first i do listen to bands other than what i listed and actually share a liking of several of the bands you listed as what you like and before this gets out of hand im going to say this,it would have sounded like that EVENTUALLY. done...thats all i have to say on the matter
You totally misinterpreted what I was saying. I'm trying to say that none of these bands would be anywhere if they didn't imitate somebody somewhere along the line. I think suggesting that you shouldn't imitate (to an extent) bands that you like or you want to sound like is silly.

ramm_ty <3's grindcore, dude.
Quote by TGautier13
Because e-cred on a sub-par 4Chan knockoff forum is what everyone strives to achieve.
ahhh sorry then cheers!
Quote by Fzau
... you sir, are sick...

Quote by timeconsumer09
Quote by ThatGuy177
I can play bass.
It's just useless.

Heres some usefull tips for Grindcore.

Diminished Scales.

The two diminished scales are called the Half-whole and Whole-half, each one is made up of alternating half and whole steps. E half-whole goes E-F-G-G#-A#-B-C#-D-E, the other one, Whole-Half goes, E-F#-G-A-Bb-C-Db-Eb-E.

Okay, bad note spelling on that, probably made a few mistakes, but its hard to spell out non-diatonic scales sometimes... Anyways, a nice way to use these in a dissonant metal sort of setting is playing an, ascending riff in one or the other, then playing a descending riff in the other scale.
Quote by KenjiBeast
When I play grin, I like to stick in loads of chromatics. Orthrelm- style.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlmfy9QjFGA

Remember, grind ain't about sounding good, it's about sounding awesome.

thats the kinda grind i dont wanna play like.
heres an example:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsYjdNBzcGo

not really a grind song, but the berakdown at around 0:37 is what im looking for advice to play like.

or something like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWggPLXeOkU

at around 1:00 in he video. I can play that, but i need advice on how to make up something like that.
Last edited by C-Wiz at Mar 6, 2009,
Quote by C-Wiz
thats the kinda grind i dont wanna play like.
heres an example:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsYjdNBzcGo

not really a grind song, but the berakdown at around 0:37 is what im looking for advice to play like.

or something like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWggPLXeOkU

at around 1:00 in he video. I can play that, but i need advice on how to make up something like that.

Just downtune the **** out of your guitars, and avoid tonality like the plague. i.e. major/minor scales= OUT. I'd really recommend the whole tone scale (AKA hexatonic scale) or the diminished scale, as stated earlier. The hexatonic doesn't sound that crazy if you just play it out, but if you hit some distorted chords with it, it sounds truly terrifying.

You can also look into alternate tunings. My personal favorite is:

D G# C F# Bb E

Just mess around with it, it'll blow your freakin' mind.
Quote by KenjiBeast
major/minor scales= OUT. I'd really recommend the whole tone scale (AKA hexatonic scale)
A hexatonic scale is any 6-note scale...just like a pentatonic is any 5 note scale.
Quote by TGautier13