Quote by Pac_man0123
Your DS-1 should be fine. I think most of it is just preference though.

any pickup ideas?
Duncan JB/distortion maybe?

Or a hot PAF of some kind,or a tone zone.

It's not so much the pup but your amp and EQ settings,and also your playing skills.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Quote by Pr0gNut
Duncan JB/distortion maybe?

Or a hot PAF of some kind,or a tone zone.

It's not so much the pup but your amp and EQ settings,and also your playing skills.

ok then what should i set my eq to?
I have no clue,I don't have your amp/guitar/and pedals,so I have no idea what tonal characteristics your rig has.The simple solution is to experiment with your EQ until you dial in a sound that you like.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

people who play punk care about their tone too....

any hot pickups, dimarzio PAF, tone zone, d-activator, seymour duncan jb, invader.

EQ, maybe....lots of treble and bass, and a little less on the mids. not scooping them, just not cranking them.
thats what i do in lehmans terms.
Ibanez S520ex
Epiphone G-400
Roland Microcube
Alvarez MC90
the great thing about punk is you dont need a certain tone. just play with what you got and if thats not good enough for everyone they can go f*ck off!
There is a war going on for your mind.

If you are thinking, you are winning.

Resistance is victory.

We are building up a new world.
Do not sit idly by.