Page 1 of 2
Okay i'm sick and tired of all these queer little 12 year olds that post on the news articles, "oh my god, Slash is amazing, i totally love the solo in "Sweet Child o mine", when you know that they never heard of GNR before they saw them on Guitar Hero. Same thing applies when you see a 10 year old with a Metallica shirt and you know if you asked what their favorite song was they would definitely say "One" BECAUSE it was on guitar hero. Now am i just being a miserable puke or do other people hate these little wannabe rockstars?
leadsalad

get over it.

its not gonna change, stop whining like a 2 year old
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Last edited by JimmyBanks6 at Mar 5, 2009,
dude, grow up. it's introducing them to new music. just because they discovered it in a different way than you did, it doesn't mean they can't appreciate it just as much.
Quote by JMack
Are you asking if midgets can draw people that are themselves smaller than the average person, or if midget drawings in general are smaller?
I know, really! These people need to stop playing Grand Theft Auto, too, these people give niggaz like me a bad name

I kill cops and hookers everyday, now you wannabes get addicted to that game when you COULD be spending all of that time in real life honing your hooker killing skills

It's a freakin' game dude, get over yourself
what a miserable puke.
Warmoth Strat w/ Lace Holy Grails
'07 Roadhouse Strat
Washburn WD-21 all Koa Acoustic
Marshall JCM-2000 TSL-122
Bugera V-5
miserable puke
'93 Gibson LP Studio (498T/490R)-Ebony
'14 Gibson LP Standard (JB/Jazz)-Ocean Water Perimeter
Epi MKH LP Custom-7 (SD Custom Shop JB-7)-Ebony
+More

Maxon od808|Boss NS-2|Boss CE-5|
Line6 G55|Korg Pitchblack Pro

JVM 210h|1960a(V30/G12t-75)
Quote by faint_spirit
dude, grow up. it's introducing them to new music. just because they discovered it in a different way than you did, it doesn't mean they can't appreciate it just as much.

winrar.
i think its a great way to get into new types of music.
i used to play that and be the same way, guitar hero got me into metallica

now i listen to all their songs and love (mostly) everyone. and guitar hero is just a game, and it might get kids to want to make music, so i disagree with you.

but thats just me
Quote by Lil Macker
Please tell me he's not from The Pit. That place changes people...

*shudders*
Meh - Metallica isn't very good anyways.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Quote by faint_spirit

Yeah. System of a Down used to be my favorite band and I discovered them on a Tony Hawk game. And they are who lead me into loving metal so much. So without Tony Hawk I wouldn't be a metal head...?
Quote by LeadSalad182
Okay i'm sick and tired of all these queer little 12 year olds that post on the news articles, "oh my god, Slash is amazing, i totally love the solo in "Sweet Child o mine", when you know that they never heard of GNR before they saw them on Guitar Hero. Same thing applies when you see a 10 year old with a Metallica shirt and you know if you asked what their favorite song was they would definitely say "One" BECAUSE it was on guitar hero. Now am i just being a miserable puke or do other people hate these little wannabe rockstars?

I agree 100%
okay well i love guitar hero but i get pissed off when little kids only say they like bands because of it... like poison. im 16 and ive liked poison since 5th grade, but when i go to the concerts people look at me like im a poser cuz of gh and rock of love (which i hate). it pisses me off. but gh is a good way to get into different music if you actually know more songs than the one on the game.
Quote by RPGoof
Yeah. System of a Down used to be my favorite band and I discovered them on a Tony Hawk game. And they are who lead me into loving metal so much. So without Tony Hawk I wouldn't be a metal head...?

You listen to system of a down, youre not a metal head
Quote by LeadSalad182

*Used to
Now all I listen to is metal. They just helped me progress into being a metalhead
i used to be a guitar hero 10 yr old queer dude, now im a pretty cool guy(13, near 14 yr old)
, listen to children of bodom, cannibal corpse, iron maiden , and others.

and my favorite metallica song would either have to be "I disappear " or "Whiskey in the Jar"
Quote by soXlittleXtimeX
^
shanchett, you get an E for Effort

Quote by CodChick

ROFLLOBSTER
Quote by LeadSalad182

if i wer him id take that as a compliment

especially comin from whiner TS

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
Quote by RPGoof
*Used to
Now all I listen to is metal. They just helped me progress into being a metalhead

Ah, i see. Sorry to be so presumptuous. My bad dude
i dunno. all the feedback makes sense, but i DO know some people that are obsessed with "one" and start actin EXACTLY like all us real fans, cuz they think they are.

though, the only thing that REALLY ticks me off is people that spend ALL their time playing it, and look down on real guitar, and us guitarists
ACIDIC DUMP GUITARIST
yeah dude get over it so what if they wanna be lil ****tards that call them selves fans when hey only know there biggest song let them think that if they reallt like them they will get into theyre other songs if they actually have brains they will realize that both bands suck
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Ya wellt ehre is two sides to this and there is two good reason I find for guitar hero one reason is it teaches kids real music. I rather a 10 year old listening to metallica then some stupid rapper or gangster. And seccond with the way the music business is in now it helps bands get promotes. In other words more money for the band, the more money the more albums IMO. But ya I agree with the kids only liking one song because it was on that dreaded game...
Same goes for Slayer and raining blood...
Quote by Azgirio
Yeah, you definitely raped his churches and burned his women.

Quote by LordBishek
Forgive the bluntness, but what in the chucklefucking hell is this?
Quote by JimmyBanks6
if i wer him id take that as a compliment

especially comin from whiner TS

Can you please shove it, if you clearly don't know what the hell youre even talking about
once when i was at camp a kid came up to my friend who was playing his strat-like-shaped schecter. he goes; is that a les paul? now i am of course assuming that he got that from guitar hero.

but yea as faint_spirit, RPGoof, and guitarpwn3 said, it gets them into music, yes they can be annoying at times, but it inspires them to play guitar or make music in other ways, it did to me, thts one of the inspirations that started me playing (along with the movie juno), got me into iron maiden, and helped me get into metallica (along with my dad :p)
does it really matter to begin with. ts, the entire reason your so angry is because you feel scared that the bands you like are "selling out" and that non musicians are beginning to become attracted to bands that were mainly endorsed by fellow musicians. so i say to you..grow up. I also got into metal through video games and tv shows. is that a bad thing? because if it is, then how else do you propose that one gets into cool music. everything has to start somewhere and if it has to be guitar hero, then fine. I do, however, understand the frustration that occurs when you overhear someone talking about how they have only heard a song from a band that was in guitar hero and they dont like the band because of that song. I understand that frustration becuase its impossible to judge a band by one song..but mainly..just grow up.
I agree, but no point in bitching about it, right?
Rojam's new and improved band!!!!

Listen a little bit, we DON'T suck!
Okay i'm sick and tired of all these queer little UGers that post on the news articles, "oh my god, Guitar Hero is gay, i totally hate all the kids that play it", when you know that they never moaned about it before they saw people doing it on UG. Same thing applies when you see a thread about it in the pit and you know if you asked why they hate Guitar Hero they would definitely say "because all the kids who play it are little wannabe rockstars who don't really know real music" BECAUSE it was on UG about a million times. Now am i just being a miserable puke or do other people hate these little copycats?
http://sheepshape.co.uk

Gretsch White Falcon

Fender Volume-Tone
TC Electronic Polytune
Digitech Whammy
Vox V847-A
Ibanez TS9
Menatone Red Snapper
Marshall EH1
Boss DD7
Boss CE5
GLX NG100
EHX Cathedral
Vox AC15CC1
George L's
EBow
Quote by LeadSalad182
Can you please shove it, if you clearly don't know what the hell youre even talking about

ahh if i? so its kind of like a question.

well yes i do know what im talking about, that would be a compliment, yep thats what i was talking about and i know what the hell i was talking about

so ill shove some honey and PB on my sandwich then snack k?!

Quote by Baarmy_Sheep
Okay i'm sick and tired of all these queer little UGers that post on the news articles, "oh my god, Guitar Hero is gay, i totally hate all the kids that play it", when you know that they never moaned about it before they saw people doing it on UG. Same thing applies when you see a thread about it in the pit and you know if you asked why they hate Guitar Hero they would definitely say "because all the kids who play it are little wannabe rockstars who don't really know real music" BECAUSE it was on UG about a million times. Now am i just being a miserable puke or do other people hate these little copycats?

+1

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
Last edited by JimmyBanks6 at Mar 5, 2009,
i'm cool with them being exposed to new music, but when some little kid comes up to me at guitar center and says he is better than me because he can play freebird on expert on guitar hero... i'm not cool with that. other than that one true story, (i've been playing for 5 years, for real shopping for a new amp, he was looking at cool looking guitars) i honestly dont have a problem with gh. i really suck at it though. lol
My Main Gear

guitars
gibson sg special faded
Fender Stratocaster (turning it into the black strat relic!)
cort stat 2t
ventura (ibanez artcore lawsuit era copy)
'74 alvarez acoustic

amps
peavy transtube express 112
Quote by SGRocker400
once when i was at camp a kid came up to my friend who was playing his strat-like-shaped schecter. he goes; is that a les paul? now i am of course assuming that he got that from guitar hero.

OMG What did you do!?!?
Quote by red18420
There is no point except party and be healthy and happy. Also money is not something to live for. If i didnt need money for drugs and beer i would give mine away.

Vote here to help me get to BC!
Quote by Baarmy_Sheep

Wow nice parody, Richard Cheese now how bout shutting your damn mouth if you don't have anything to add to the topic at hand
It can get kinda annoying, but it at least exposes them to some music that is not really mainstream radio, like what they play on top 40 stations.
Quote by LeadSalad182
Wow nice parody, Richard Cheese now how bout shutting your damn mouth if you don't have anything to add to the topic at hand

you asked if you were being a miserable puke and we asnwered, now your crying more?

if i were you id edit your original post from miserable puke, to miserable infant

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
Quote by shanchett99
i used to be a guitar hero 10 yr old queer dude, now im a pretty cool guy(13, near 14 yr old)
, listen to children of bodom, cannibal corpse, iron maiden , and others.

and my favorite metallica song would either have to be "I disappear " or "Whiskey in the Jar"

Because all of those things make you such a "cool guy". Not saying you aren't but for all I know you're just some rapist lying in the grass, waiting for me.

Yea Tony Hawk got me into LoG (not metal, I know), but LoG helped me get into heavier metal than Thrash and Speed metal. Death metal, Black metal, etc. By the time I started playing GH though I was already into metal and ****, so I don't think I would really count either considering my age.

Quote by PluckU
Same goes for Slayer and raining blood...

+ 1
Last edited by The Philosopher at Mar 5, 2009,
Quote by LeadSalad182

I think I just did add to it actually. There is way too much GH hate on UG, and as far as I can tell, it's for no other reason than because people already do it, so people just copy that.

I agree, it can be a bit annoying when you get the kids on youtube trying to play guitar because they're good at GH, but it's also bloody hilarious!
http://sheepshape.co.uk

Gretsch White Falcon

Fender Volume-Tone
TC Electronic Polytune
Digitech Whammy
Vox V847-A
Ibanez TS9
Menatone Red Snapper
Marshall EH1
Boss DD7
Boss CE5
GLX NG100