What scales and type of music should I go deeper into to learn the style Joe Perry and Brad Whitford use(Aerosmith)?
Most of their stuff is blues based. They use the major scale and the blues scale for walk this way.

PS We have the the same username, but mine is 95, Wierd
Skip the username, call me Billy
Watch GHA and play those from 1-5 frets on the low E. Youll be blazin in no time...

On topic: look at the endless amounts of aerosmith tabs we have and find out yourself? Itll do your theory wonders

Please use tags for tabs....
Looking at tabs will not help your theory in any way. Analyze the songs you learn, find out whats going on in them, scales, chords, cadences. That will help your theory.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Theory is descriptive, not prescriptive.

Quote by MiKe Hendryckz
theory states 1+1=2 sometimes in music 1+1=3.
Quote by AeroSmithFan94
What scales and type of music should I go deeper into to learn the style Joe Perry and Brad Whitford use(Aerosmith)?

You should learn as many of their solos/riffs/songs as you can. The music itself is a great source for answering questions like these. Also, their "style" has alot more to do with just what scales they use. Study as much theory as you can/want. But in regards to understanding a particular artists style....... get it from the music. You should be able to connect any knowledge you have with what they are doing.
shred is gaudy music
Last edited by GuitarMunky at Mar 6, 2009,
Quote by aerosmithfan95
Most of their stuff is blues based. They use the major scale and the blues scale for walk this way.

PS We have the the same username, but mine is 95, Wierd

thanks It is wierd that we have the same Username.
Quote by GuitarMunky
You should learn as many of their solos/riffs/songs as you can. The music itself is a great source for answering questions like these. Also, their "style" has alot more to do with just what scales they use. Study as much theory as you can/want. But in regards to understanding a particular artists style....... get it from the music. You should be able to connect any knowledge you have with what they are doing.

Thanks as well and everybody else that helped me. I should be getting one of their Tab books and The box of fire box set soon.
I'm an old school Aerosmith fan. Listen to:
1. Rocks
2. Get Your Wings
3. Toys in the Attic
Listen to these every day - they are absolute stone cold hard rock classics.
yeah, keep it in the blues and major scales and you have it. The tab should assist with the solos.