i have a old memphis guitar. It is a pile of crap, but it means alot to me. It has some ****ty pickups in it, and I want to upgrade them. What pickups should I get. I play all typs of music, every thing from hendrix to Children of Bodom.

the one on the left
well you use the other two for heavier stuff dont you?
so you just need this for cleans & slight overdrive?
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
Quote by ShredGod George
well you use the other two for heavier stuff dont you?
so you just need this for cleans & slight overdrive?

Yep.
you want a nice HB sound or single coils? My standard suggestion would be a set of Duncans. I love the SSL-1's for the price, their "hot" SCs have some nice bite, their Alnico II pickups are a little smoother and their 5-2's are just... well... amazing sounding. But I prefer the SSL-1's for good vintage SC sound.

If you do want HB's, you could through some lil 59's in their and get a good PAF tone out of them, not exactly PAF, but close, coil tap (or split, as to avoid mr. flibble yelling at me) then and be able to get passable SC tones, too.
Fact: Bears eat beats. Bears beats Battlestar Galactica.
Hey, I'm from Memphis!!! . There are a lot of handmade pickup makers around UG, and a lot of handmade ones that you can order online from. If you don't like any of the namebrand suggestions, I say talk to them. Go to the GB&C forum for UGers who make them or the gear forum for good handwired ones for cheap.